2021 Set to be a pretty fantastic year for movies

As if the pandemic and tumult of 2020 weren’t enough, this year also delayed a slew of hotly anticipated films, ranging from action blockbusters such as “Black Widow” and “No Time to Die” to the Timothée Chalamet-led sci-fi epic “Dune,” which will now release both in theaters and on HBO Max in 2021.

Without jinxing the new year, it seems like 2021 will tell a different story than 2020. With coronavirus vaccinations rolling out, shuttered theaters are looking forward to reopening their doors, letting film lovers view previously delayed releases and new films. The year will also see the debuts of long-awaited sequels, such as the horror film “A Quiet Place Part II,” the animated family film “Minions: The Rise of Gru” and “Space Jam: A New Legacy” starring NBA superstar LeBron James.

For Broadway fans, there is Lin-Manuel Miranda’s musical “In the Heights,” featuring a predominantly Latinx cast. Disney enthusiasts can also rest easy with the live-action “Cruella,” starring Emma Stone in the iconic role.

Read on to see all the highly anticipated films of 2021.

33 movies listed there. A fair number of sequels, but if I’m honest, I want to see about half of those, most of them pretty badly. Cannot remember the last year when I saw 17 new release movies in a theater.

Going to be interesting to see if the major theater chains can hold on and if large markets in NY and CA are allowed to reopen soon enough to get this ball rolling.

Yeah here’s hoping.

The truth is, a bunch of the studios are preparing for, if not actually encouraging, a move to direct delivery (streaming).

That of course puts all the theaters out of business. The directors hate this idea. I also believe any serious movie fan, myself included, hates it too. As much as I like tech and convenience, nothing replaces that true theater experience.

This wasn’t on the list, but holy crap this looks like it’ll be amazing:

3 Likes

Any time I see Yoko I wish MDC had aimed a foot to the left

1 Like

Some of my personal most anticipated movies in a long time are on this list, especially Ghostbusters and Top Gun. Bond is probably a very close third.

Even longer list… 66 upcoming movies:

Deadline: Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project.

My summer movie post gonna be fun