2021 Week 5 - Charlotte @ Illinois, 10/2 12 Noon Big Ten Network

Summary of how our opponents did this week. Overall our opponents are 18-30.

DUKE (3-1) - Beat Kansas 52-33

GARDNER-WEBB (2-2) - Beat WCU 52-34

At GEORGIA STATE (1-3) – Lost at Auburn 34-24

MTSU (1-3, 0-2 CUSA) - Lost at CHARLOTTE 42-39

At ILLINOIS (1-4) – Lost at Purdue 13-9

At FIU (1-3) – Lost at Central Michigan 31-27

FAU (2-2) –Lost at Air Force 31-7

At WKU (1-2) – Lost to Indiana 33-31

RICE (1-3) Beat Texas Southern 48-34

At LATECH (2-2, 1-0 C-USA) – Beat North Texas 24-17

MARSHALL (2-2) – Lost at App State 31-30

At OLD DOMINION (1-3) – Lost to Buffalo 35-34

On Charlotte Spectrum it’s on channel 386 Big 10 Network Overflow HD.

Also referred to on the Spectrum channel guide as Big Ten Net ALT. (BTNHD2)

I’m making the Drive from O Fallon IL and will be there with ya! Would love to find some green around the tailgate scene…or find an away team tailgate lot!

Illini morale has dropped a bit so I can only imagine the attendance will be light. Walk around the west side of Memorial Stadium for the lots there including Grange Grove with the most activity. UofI really does have a great campus. The undergrad library is quite unique…its built underground so the building would not cast shadows on the corn field (Morrow Plots which is a historic landmark).

clt says the calls in the auburn game were awful

Of had considered going if we were 4-0, but after GSU match out this idea on ice.

https://twitter.com/NicholasSulak/status/1442609424015630340?s=19

3 Likes

2 Likes

What is the parking situation like at Illinois? Where would you recommend parking?

Mike Thorne revenge game

Purdue and Nebraska ain’t no Gardner Webb. We barely won vs a depleted Middle Tennessee team starting a backup qb, whose starting qb just quit the team like a girl 9th grade breakup. Our defensive secondary is much worse than it was when Duke almost beat us. Our only loss was our only road game where our many bipolar fans wanted coaches fired and our star qb benched. Meanwhile Nebraska’s worst teams are still Nebraska, whose losses vs great and ranked teams were still competitive. Maryland-no chance in hell for the Niners. Virginia is probably better than any team we will play. Purdue has Lambert, no question

I think the gameday lots seem to be all about the same. Ive parked by the baseball stadium before…they have a short hike to the stadium. I recall the most active lots to visit are by the west side. Grange Grove is a park like setting for tents and activities that was interesting to visit.

Life comes fast…I’ve just had to cancel my trip up there due to a manageable family emergency.

No but Duke is in the ballpark of Purdue and Nebraska this year, they beat Northwestern who I certainly think would split with one of those two. They play Nebraska next week so we’ll see how they match-up.

I’m not disagreeing that Maryland and Virginia is a bridge too far.

I’m sticking with we’d be 1-4 or “possibly” 2-3, especially if we played those teams at home as Illinois did. I don’t really think we’re that different in our analysis haha. Certainly 0-5 would be possible but I seriously doubt we wouldn’t win at least one.

I assume that I can subscribe to this on game day, and then cancel after the game and pay little or nothing to watch this, right?

Don’t know. I doubt it.

clt says yttv is already showing our game as upcoming on big ten network

Forecast is calling for rain in Champaign on Saturday hope we are practicing wet ball drills.

Deja Vu @Ga State.

Yup in several ways, well here’s hoping we learned something and can make the necessary corrections.