2021 Week 6 - Charlotte @ FIU, 10/8 7 PM CBSSN

Road games are tough
especially for us
especially as bad as we are against the run. We are favored by 3.

Don’t think its realistic to expect us to win this one easily. Just hoping for a win.

1 Like

We win by 1, or more, then I will be happy.

1 Like

Healy said on the coaches show that TJ was out this week. Sounded like McEachern will be good tongo.

1 Like

FIU is the last eastern division team we haven’t beaten. Time to fix that.

1 Like

Yes just need a win here then get home.

Going to be really hard to stop the run with 215-218 pound LB and DE. Will need a TO or 2 and a real efficient offense.

1 Like

I think that was what has been so frustrating about run D. We are in position to make tackles, sometimes for a loss and just can’t get the runner down. Need to beef up some of the positions as some of it is just being undersized. Gotta man up!

That’s part of it but what kills us if they don’t make the tackle it’s off to the races, we’re hoping to stop a TD instead of just giving up a 8-10 yard run.

I think one of the problems is that defenders come in trying to punch the ball out without make a good form tackle. I obviously have no insight into what is being emphasized in practice but it feels like the focus on turnovers (trash can celebration) is leading our defenders to miss sure tackles in the hopes of causing a fumble.

5 Likes

I’m seeing too many arm tackles that don’t work. Also not hitting the runners low enough. The runner just carries our guys on his back for extra yards. Stuff I’ve always thought was fundamental, we’re NOT doing.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/statsowar/status/1445754659637915666?s=20

Whatever happened to tackling at the knees?

1 Like

O/U is 59.5

Call me crazy but I like the under.

1 Like
1 Like

“You’ve got to bring your own juice to Miami,” Healy said. “We played down there two years ago and they put us to sleep. We absolutely got whooped. We need to be prepared to bring our own excitement, so I turned the music off at practice today. We’ll do the same thing on Thursday to make sure these guys are ready to bring it to Miami.”

4 Likes

Well coach if y’all want to bowl this year, I’m thinking this is a winnable BUT must- win game.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Practice in silence to prepare you for the ‘crowd noise’ at FIU!! :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I actually really get it. Deflating to walk out of the tunnel to a middle school crowd

1 Like

This game will determine the trajectory of the season IMO. Can Charlotte win on the road? Can the offense and defense play with greater consistency? Can Charlotte contend for the CUSA East Division?

2 Likes

That’s a nice, subtle burn from coach.

2 Likes

That’s funny.