2021 Week 6 - Charlotte @ FIU, 10/8 7 PM CBSSN

We open -3, everything is still in front of us if we win this one. They always seem to find a way to get it done against us though.

1 Like

This game will tell a lot on our trajectory the remainder of the year. Notwithstanding an injury or two, this game shouldn’t be close. I know that they have always found ways to beat us, but that can no longer be acceptable and shouldn’t even be an issue anymore. We have to become that team that wins big over the teams that we should win big over and not be happy that we squeaked out a win over a 1-4 team. I think this will be a game that we can be proud of and win by 21. The days of coming up a bit short or squeaking by at the end against teams like this ends this weekend. If not, this is going to be a long second half of a season.

Go NINERS!!!

4 Likes

Summary of how our opponents did this week. Overall our opponents are 22-37.

DUKE (3-2) - Lost at UNC-Chapel Hill 38-7

GARDNER-WEBB (2-3) - Lost at Monmouth 54-17

At GEORGIA STATE (1-4) – Lost to App State 45-16

MTSU (2-3, 1-2 CUSA) - Beat Marshall 34-28

At ILLINOIS (2-4) – Beat Charlotte 24-14

At FIU (1-4. 0-1 C-USA) – Lost at FAU 58-21

FAU (3-2, 1-0 C-USA) –Beat FAU 58-21

At WKU (1-3) – Lost at #16 Michigan State 48-31

RICE (2-3, 1-0 C-USA) Beat Southern Miss 24-19

At LATECH (2-3, 1-0 C-USA) – Lost at #24 NC State 34-27

MARSHALL (2-2, 0-1 C-USA) – Lost at MTSU 34-28

At OLD DOMINION (1-4, 0-1 C-USA) – Lost at UTEP 28-21

Where the hell did F**ker Gregg go?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Lost Six turnovers in the rain and they lost by 6 points.

That was a deluge.

1 Like
1 Like

So an open job posting before any formal announcement? Am I reading that correctly?

Charlotte needs to get off to a good starting on Friday. Give FIU no hope and hopefully they just mail it in the rest of the game. No fans will be in attendance and your coach is being low key fired.

1 Like

If we lose this game, Healy needs to consider major changes on his staff. Would be an unacceptable loss.

4 Likes

clt hopes the crowd doesn’t intimidate our team.

3 Likes

I think we have to win convincingly Friday if we want to have any shot at a conference title.

But, even with FIU being a weak team, I do worry about coming off a road game against a Big 10 team, then traveling again on a short week. We have to dig deep if we want to have the type of season we have all been waiting for, but for this being an “easy” match up on paper, it could be sneaky challenging in reality.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a convincing win on the road but really just need to get that In conference W in some way shape or form and get back home with another win in our pocket and 2 away from locking in a bowl.

2 Likes

Moore listed at RT, hope he’s good to go.

1 Like

clt says great to see Moore active

2 Likes