2022-23 C-USA Basketball šŸ€

Hey it could be worse. Clemson got smacked by the committee for playing a Nineresque schedule. Finished 3rd in the ACC and got passed over. I donā€™t remember that happening since the tourney expanded a long time ago.

But yā€™all keep defending and applauding that weak ass slateā€¦

Weak OOC kept TAMU out last year after the Aggies finished 4th in the SEC.

It hasnā€™t happened last time it happened was 99-00 Virginia finished third and was left out.

Clemson lost to Louisville in ACC play. That was a killer this year. Louisville was the worst ACC team since Dwayne Morrisonā€™s 2nd Georgia Tech team in '80-'81 according to the metrics.

That includes a Maryland team that went 0-14 in ACC play being ranked better than this yearā€™s Cardinals.

clt wonders if we can pass the vaunted acc to move into 6

Since RPI is irrelevant now, really doesnā€™t matter.

And speaking of Forrest, a lot of players in his position would have hit the portal. Instead, embraced a smaller offensive role with the team after being the leading scorer two years ago.

1 Like

Good piece about FAU:

I suppose you would have readily supported a schedule in the preseason of Louisville, Florida State, South Carolina, Minnesota & Valpo.

Guess what they all had in common? They all finished below Detroit on Kenpom. Ron should have done a much better job scheduling cupcakes.

1 Like

Lolā€¦you argue with so much nonsense Iā€™m not even sure how to respond.

At least with the other teams you mentionedā€¦we couldnā€™t crucify him for his EFFORT in scheduling. If he schedules those typical strong programs and they happen to have a bad yearā€¦thatā€™s not on him. At least he tried.

But I can promise youā€¦when you schedule ON PURPOSE :
Coppin St
UMES
Detroit Mercyā€¦and do it TWICE
Monmouth
Et al

There is a reason. No way in hell Ron thought those would be decent competition. They were scheduled to pad his wins. 1-2 per season is one thingā€¦but to load up the bulk of the non-conference schedule like that is embarrassing.

If THATā€™s the confidence he has in his team and his coaching ability is to schedule like thatā€¦it says alot about his own belief in what heā€™s doing.

I agree that the 3 cupcakes we scheduled were at least one too many though UMES not as bad as last season (#232 vs #309).

And then Monmouth crapping out and dropping 211 spots from 2022 (#140) to 2023 (#351) was unexpected.

The Detroit Mercy 2-fer hopefully an anomaly but we werenā€™t alone in scheduling that way in OOC.

Anyway, weā€™ll see if moving to the AAC helps out much in the non-con sked. Canā€™t do anything about conference play, so hereā€™s hoping #324 Tulsa and #288 UTSA get better soon!

2 Likes

That was fun.

Itā€™s amazing what you can do when you arenā€™t just happy to be there.

I do like the way they play. Itā€™s fun to watch.

They have a special big man and very good guards.

Just sucks when we are on the receiving end.

1 Like

Congrats to FAU. No reason we canā€™t be there as well someday. Hopefully this was our last CBI experience and it is only up from here on!

3 Likes

Amen.

But weā€™re thankful to have shared a court with such a good teamā€¦it gave us an opportunity to learn and grow.

1 Like