2022-23 football roster

Shouldnā€™t it be 2023-24? or am I missing something?

Or just 2023

Yeah at first I was meaning the thread title but the school seems to be confused alsoā€¦ but maybe with the early signing period now being in 2022 they do it that way, still seems odd, we are going to be in a New Years day bowl this year so it could be 2022-2024 :joy:

I update the titledā€¦didnā€™t think twice when I saw 2022-23

1 Like

Couple players missing from last years roster (non-transfer or grads)ā€¦Nolan Groux and Scotland (probably just track and field now)

2 Likes

Counted 112 players including some obvious PWOs.

We have a full team for the spring game.

The lines are significantly upgraded. Especially the D line. LB is pretty stout too.

Iā€™m still not sure about QB or WR, and Iā€™m wondering if we have a set of lockdown corners.

clt says our DL is going to be STRONG, biff must read our chat page

1 Like

If DL is stout those corners donā€™t have to be lockdown.

Thatā€™s basically what DB coach Rod Obiang said

Well CJ Burton (BC) and Balfour from CHeat are both on the roster. That gives us 2 solid starter candidates at CB. Then it seems to suggest that Wayne Jones is back. If we have him, Maguire Neal and a hopefully healthy Robataille to play safety, our DB room is starting to look better than it has in a long time. That should be fairly servicable at worst.

Especially with the 7 we could put up front.

Our 2 deep on defense is going to be something to see. We might have a unit that will cause some serious concern for OCs.

Edge/LB

Okie (6ā€™5 244)
Clowney (6ā€™4 250)
Ekwonu (6ā€™2 235)
Handy (6ā€™6 255)
Welschof (6ā€™6 265)
Balogun (6ā€™7 270)
Shockley (6ā€™4 260)
Boykins (6ā€™2 230)
Bemah (6ā€™2 225)
Knight (6ā€™2 247)
Butler (6ā€™4 220)

Whewā€¦ Thatā€™s a nice list.

Then we have these bodies to clog the middle:

Evans (6ā€™4 320)
Wallace (6ā€™3 394)
Jackson (6,1 285)
Morgan (6ā€™2 295)
Holley (6ā€™2 282)
Washington (6ā€™4 284)
Potts (6ā€™1 295)

And I donā€™t know where Malik Puryear (6ā€™5 265) will play. Iā€™m guessing a big DE role similar Welschof.

Last year guys like Dez Morgan had to play so many snaps that he had to take plays off. We shouldnā€™t have that problem anymore.

And the size listings above really illustrate Poggiā€™s point about how much bigger we are now. Nothing against our returning players, but we are so much bigger than we used to be on defense.

1 Like

clt says play as hard as you can and then you have quality backup if needed

1 Like

I follow Muslimā€™s dad on Twitter and he posts his sonā€™s workouts frequently. Mallard Creek kid. Kinda been rooting for him to break into regular OL rotation (probably at OG). Will see what Poggi pulls out of him.

5 Likes