2022-23 MBB - Charlotte @ Detroit Mercy, 11/23 12 Noon ESPN+

First of two meetings - away and home - with Detroit Mercy of the Horizon League. Titans are coached by Mike Davis, whom many will remember from his stint at UAB, as well as being the HC at Indiana when Brendan Plavich hit the game winner in Assembly Hall back in 2004.

Titans (2-3) aren’t a good team but do have a history making player in Antoine Davis - son of Coach Davis - who will probably finish his collegiate career as the number two scorer in D-I men’s basketball behind Pete Maravich. Did set one record today in a 98-88 loss to Bryant:

1 Like

Soo…better than Mark Price’s son, then?

6 Likes

That streak will be over shortly.

4 Likes

Put Folkes on him and shut him down

7 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1595155389750087680

3 Likes

Very weird that we are playing the same team twice in nonconference. Reminds me of that year we played St Bona twice in nonconference (pre A10 days) though once I think was in a tournament.

We ended up splitting with them IIRC. lost the 2nd game like 66-56 or so.

Don’t want a repeat of that.

Definitely odd after reading Frank Martin tried to schedule home and away with us for this season and next. Of course, would have ended up playing UMass twice this year anyway. My recollection is that we actually did play Miami-FL twice under similar circumstances - a standalone OOC matchup and in a tournament.

4 Likes

We also played Wake Forest twice in one season in the 1980s or 1990s. We beat them at their place and they beat us at our place in close games as I recall.

2 Likes

Played Wake twice during the 1985-86 season.

Twice vs St. Bonaventure in 1999-2000 season.

Ditto Miami-FL during 2014-15 season.

Have also played Davidson twice in a season six times.

1 Like

GO NINERS!!! Let’s get 5-1!

7 Likes

The camera man is giving me epilepsy!

1 Like

wow, they are going 3 point us to death

1 Like

0-12 start. Super awesome.

Also understand it’s a mid day game, but the parents and friends aren’t even there. This looks like a closed door scrimmage.

1 Like

Getting back to our old habits. Very disappointing. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Sloppy as hell.

family guy vomit GIF

3 Likes