2022-23 MBB - Charlotte @ Rice 1/26 8:00 PM ESPN+

First of two meetings with the “Texas” Owls. Rice (14-5, 5-3 C-USA) is in 4th place in Conference USA and 9-2 at home. Owls lead the series 9-6 and won the most recent meeting 73-61 in last season’s C-USA Tournament in Frisco.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RiceMBB/status/1618307722549551104

I’ll be shocked, SHOCKED, if Aly doesn’t get into foul trouble early and eventually foul out of this game. :tired_face:

While Aly did foul out in the C-USA Tournament matchup, he did not in our regular season win in Houston last year. Will be interesting to see how we cover Fielder. Of course, have to pay attention to their two leading scorers as well.

FWIW, we’re more successful playing in Tudor than Halton - 4-4 in Houston, while just 1-4 in CLT.

ESPN matchup predictor actually favors us tomorrow 53.2% to 46.8%.

1 Like

BTW, that was quite a tornado that hit the Houston area yesterday:

Remember if you are ever in a situation where such a tornado is coming towards you to
1: go to a south west corner
2: sit on the floor with your legs crossed Indian style
3: put your head down between your legs and
4; kiss your ass goodbye

Am old timer told me

1 Like
1 Like

So, big game tonight!! Go Niners!!

1 Like

Fiedler not a 3 point shooting guy. In fact, has taken only one this season! Not very good on FTs either at 51.5%, though a tad better in Tudor at 55.6%.

1 Like

I’m listening to game on ESPN 730 but my son just texted to say ESPN+ announcers are butchering Khalifa’s name :roll_eyes:

Is there a reason that Graves is in before Folkes ? Is he hurt or is Ron smokin

Khalify

Matt mentioned Folkes during pregame injury report but said he would probably play

2 Likes

Is Berry injured? I think Graves played last game and Berry had a DNP.

Don’t recall Matt mentioning anything about Berry