2022-23 MBB - LA Tech @ Charlotte, 12/31 2:00 PM ESPN+

1 Like

See that Magnum an inch shorter since he left the Niners for Radford and LA Tech. Hmm… :thinking::wink:

Why take Brice out!!!

No problem. He’s got 19 of our 40 points at the half.

1 Like

I’m just now able to get an update on the game. I see Brice is continuing his hot play! Up 8 at half. LFG Niners!!

We were up 13 with two minutes left in the first half.

2 Likes

Basketball is a game of runs. Let’s hope we have more runs this game then they do

4 Likes

Apparently you are now allowed to tuck the ball one step inside the three point line and run to the basket for your layup. I’d have been furious if he made that after the refs refused to call traveling

4 Likes

Nice win and another great game from Brice!!!

2 Likes

made it a little too close for comfort, but they hung on like I expected them to.

2 Likes

Refs were pretty good today other than not knowing what a travel is. LA Tech traveled to the basket constantly.

We had a weak scoring 5 out there for way too many minutes in the 2nd half today.

Good win though. 11-3 who would have thunk it.

4 Likes

Williams has been given the green light it appears. I like it. Would like to see him and Igor on the floor together more. I know Igor struggled with fouls today

5 Likes

I felt for Igor being in foul trouble the entire game. But like Aly said in postgame, when he was out sick vs UAB it kinda taught them how to play without him.

Not much to add - glad we came back and secured the W. The only reason this one was close is La Tech shot well over their season average from 3 - though some defensive lapses we had certainly helped them.

Mangum looked like he was trying to send a message. Believe he finished with 17.

And is it just me, or does Lu’Cye absorb way too much contact on his drives, due to his stocky frame, that would be called as fouls if the ball was in anyone else’s hands?

6 Likes

Yes. Lu’Cye was beat up all day long and the refs swallowed their whistles. But what did he do? He calmly sank two critical free throws at the end of the ball game.

9 Likes

Igor got two ticky tack fouls from the same ref that took exception to him trying to dunk on a breakaway after
he was fouled.
Real professional :ok_hand:
Why do we alwaysseem to get the refuse of referees ?!

5 Likes

I like winning

8 Likes
4 Likes