2022-23 MBB - LA Tech @ Charlotte, 12/31 2:00 PM ESPN+

Had the pleasure of meeting coachesā€™ wife and family during the pregame meal. Class act. So happy for them and Ron and our team. To anyone who wanted to see him failā€¦. Shame on you. GO NINERS!!!

9 Likes

Can not decide if Sanchez is a defensive or offensive minded Coach.

Way too many drives to the basket today.

Happy for Brice but felt like we fell into last years J. Young offense from mid-way from the 1st half on.

We were gassed!! from 8 minutes to go glad we toughed it out.

Lot of contact on our end around the basket. Need those calls in Halton.

Agree, I also want to see Brice and Igor offensively together.

I guess Braswell is done (unless injuries) with this conference schedule 8 man rotation. If he can not get minutes against athletic teams like MTSU and La Tech and with Igor in foul trouble thenā€¦

I do not like/ want to see anyone fail no matter if nice or not I just like to win.

1 Like

Braswell has his hand bandaged up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Too good of a player to be sitting. Hope he heals up soon.

Gipson hit the big shot. We did struggle to score in the 2nd half, but our defense carried us down the stretch.

Would not be surprised to see our NET Ranking drop. However, a win is a win!

5 Likes

For you oldtimers, at one point in the first half Bryce reminded me of Rodney White.
He could not be stopped and was playing at another levelā€¦

13 Likes

Kotie Kimble ran the offense last year. This year it is Kevin Smith. Canā€™t say for sure Kevin is making a difference, but it does seem like it.

We got lucky on that last Gipson three. It was right in front of me and his foot was very clearly on the line. Camera angles must have sucked for them to not be able to overturn it.

Camera angle was inconclusive, but if he was on the line,it was by millimeters.

1 Like

Enjoy the win Niners!!! Woooo!!!

Idk Pls Reblog This Will Ferrell GIF

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Coach Watt, Mike Washington and the Grom in the house this afternoon.

3 Likes

Yep sat right in front of Coach Watkins. Great to meet him!

clt says our net is now 69ā€¦ā€¦.nice

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how LA Techā€™s #176 ranking affects it when the update reflecting games played today is posted tomorrow.

1 Like

Sanchez has impressed me by turning Williams loose. Offense is not an equal opportunity employer. Scorers need to score and I think heā€™s seeing that.

6 Likes

Agreed. However I think Briceā€™s defense is keeping him on the floor more and his team is feeding him more since heā€™s playing so well.

I will say this.

The MTSU game his points seemed to come more in the flow.

Tonight there was a lot more of Brice saying ā€œthese guys canā€™t stop meā€ feel to it.

Itā€™s beautiful to see.

I canā€™t wait till they put together a complete offensive game with Aly, Brice, Igor and Patterson all putting it together the same night.

5 Likes

Agree with this whole heartedly. Brice was in the ā€œzoneā€ until near the end of the game. Donā€™t know if he was tired at the end, but suddenly his shots were not close to the basket, even missing a pair of free throws. Not a criticism, but an observation.
Before anyone points out his shooting percentage, I think near 100% of is misses were at the end of the game. Tech was working hard to defend him then, but they were working hard the whole game, much of it to no avail.

3 Likes