2022-23 MBB - LA Tech @ Charlotte, 12/31 2:00 PM ESPN+

Sanchez talked about this in his postgame. Thursday they go hard then have Friday/Saturday am for film and have to play again so guts are gassed. He was tired, Aly talked about being tired and itā€™s something the coaches need to watch during conference play to make sure we donā€™t lose a silly Saturday game due to being worn out from Thursday.

1 Like

Dadā€™s very proud. Thanks, Brice,

for being a NINER too.

13 Likes

Hopefully only running an 8 man rotation with Braswell out had something to do with it. I think Ron should open the bench up as much as possible this year, this group is deep with talent

1 Like

Since we are 11-3, Iā€™m trying not to be negative. Butā€¦the rotation is still puzzling to me. Brice is still the 6th man in terms of actual minutes played. Up until the last couple of games the minutes difference between the top 5 and Williams were drastic, like 32 mins vs 14 mins. Williams has scored more points in his last 2 games than Threadgill has over his last 10, yet Threadgill is leading the team in minutes played.

Iā€™d even throw Braswellā€™s mins in my confusion.

1 Like

I think the argument is that Brice helps lead the 2nd unit, without him we would struggle for points as soon as we turned to the bench. Thread isnā€™t gonna lead a unit like Brice can with the 2ā€™s. We donā€™t see a big drop off in production right now when we empty the bench thanks to Williams (and aldrich and folkes but especially brice)

2 Likes

I like Brice off the bench and bringing offense into the game, but his minutes need to be way up while heā€™s on this streak. Him, Igor and Cye on the floor together give us a better chance to score.

3 Likes

Iā€™d really like to see Igor have a bounce back game. Between missing the UAB game and the foul trouble yesterday, he hasnā€™t been himself lately.

He is still our best rebounder (Iā€™m not going to even bother checking the stats - Iā€™m just going by how he plays) and he can be a real weapon on offense when he is on.

1 Like

Aly leads with 7 rpg, then Igor at 5.8 rpg.

Igor is the guy who will get the game winning rebound. He is way way more aggressive going after the ball. He also has the body and the athleticism to do it.

Aly is the guy who taps his own layup misses in. Also a helpful skill, but Iā€™d take Igor to grab the defensive board every day of the week.

Aly had 3 rebounds on one play yesterday on his missed layups in the first half

On Igorā€™s one offensive board, he outmaneuvered four LA Tech players to secure it. A thing of beauty!

2 Likes

And his shot blocking and shot altering !

2 Likes

I get that logic. But only play 14 minutes? The verdict is still out on if Brice is our best player, but if he is, very seldom does your best player place 6th in minutes played.

1 Like

I donā€™t really love the rotation. Threadgill doesnā€™t bring much for me. Iā€™d play Williams and Igor more together. Those guys and and Khalifa are formidable. Said it before I think Sanchez has given Williams the green light. Wouldnā€™t mind seeing Igor be more aggressive

6 Likes

Great start so far this team is very fun to watch GO NINERS!

2 Likes

For quite a few games this year he seemed to be struggling especially on the defensive side which led to reduced minutes . I suspect if he maintains the intensity he showed the past few games you will see him gain more minutes.

As to whether he should start or not I am always indifferent to who starts, its more about who is on the floor at the end of a close game to me.

2 Likes

Noticed this year that the lower bowl is more full of fans. Fans are concentrated in the lower bowl instead of being scattered all over the place and spread out into upper stretches of the arena. This is great for improving the game environment and the home court advantage. Is this by design by the AD? Whatever, Iā€™m ecstatic to see it. The crowd noise is more focused and I think the team feels it and responds positively to it. Thanks to whom ever for enhancing the Halton atmosphere.

2 Likes

Iā€™ m still disappointed the school didnā€™t offer upgrades for the lower bowl to upper ticket holders like they have for years to fill in and make it louder.

3 Likes

I use to enjoy that toā€¦donā€™t think it been done under Mike Hill.

I think they sold $10 lower endzone tickets and $15 tickets for seats in 104 while the students were on break.

2 Likes