2022-23 MBB - UAB @ Charlotte - Senior Day, 3-4 1:00 PM Stadium

Watched bits and pieces. It looked like a great game for a casual fan, but I saw critical fouls not called like when Patterson got blocked on his last touchā€¦ A half second before that on that same shot attempt he was clearly fouled across his left arm.

Could have made a difference in the outcome.

4 Likes

It wa an exciting game. Agree wtih @Nineradvocate ā€¦too many missed calls ,and some calls where there was no contact. Admittedly, a couple of the ā€˜no contactā€™ calls went our way.

Hoping for an exciting March. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I think there was too much talk of ā€œ20 win seasonā€ after the North Texas winā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m the type that this kind of game/loss grinds me up mentally, emotionally, and even physically. I know some of you are probably the same way. I tend to obsess over losses like this. Playing the game over and over in my head and obsessing over certain plays that to me made ā€œthe differenceā€. In this game it was 4:
1 & 2) Missing the front end of 2 one and ones (4 points not scored)
3) Aly barely missing a 3/4 court shot (heave?) as the first half ended (3 points not scored)
4) Brice barely missing the shot at the very end of the game ( 3 points not scored that would have won the game)
I know thereā€™s more to losing this game and any loss. Iā€™m just saying I obsess like this after these type losses. For me, it will take a couple of days to get over this one. :scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :sob:

4 Likes

clt says this game was on wccb. no mofo tho

Observations:

1. UAB #10 was a dog. Treā€™ played hard D on him but he still hit 30 foot step backs and such. Liked to have seen Folkes on him with his height and such but he was fouling and getting beat.
  2. Brice and Patterson had good overall games. Brice had, I believe, 3 blocks to go with his points and rebounds. Patterson was very good as well, but had some turnovers that hurt.
  3. Threadgill started out well and then faded away. Need his scoring
  4. I think Aly was gassed. Still solid but they threw 2 really big athletic dudes at him and Aly had to really work on D to stay with them.
  5. Igor was solid as well

Overall thought team was locked in, played hard and came up a basket short against what I think looked like the best team in Conference USA.

1 Like

Doing what I can to help out with the poor lighting on these photos. I wouldnā€™t want the guys on the second level to go unnoticed. Gold Standard Mike Hill. Gold Standard. Find Waldo and make him coach.