2022-23 MBB - UMES @ Charlotte, 11/14 7:00 PM ESPN+

Last year we were undefeated till we went to a neutral court tournament and looked horrible, so I’ll temper my expectations for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Well, we did beat App on the road first, but I get your point.

I think once Berry loses the mask he could be good. It really seems to be playing with his vision.

2 Likes

It is just nice to be decisively 2-0. It may come crashing down, but my son and I got to really enjoy some basketball. He actually asked to go to this game after we went to the opener.

Very happy with the start to the season so far.

14 Likes

Yes we were 3-0 last year and won by 2, 8, and 1 points, averaging 70 points per game. This year we are 2-0 and won by 23 and 33 points respectively. Understandable that you may not be able to compare the games but right now it sure looks very good.

6 Likes

Emily Ratajkowski Dancing GIF

clt says we are 2-0

Clt is a bit pent up these days

4 Likes

Clt has been on a roll

1 Like

Uh Huh !

A little sloppy at times but it was nice to dominate a team that we should dominate from start to finish. Let’s keep stacking Ws.

3 Likes

I said this team had to earn me back. It is doing that thus far. We haven’t been tested but good teams beat bad ones easily and that is exactly what we have done. I don’t know if Ron is getting enough credit for this, the offense is moving much crisper and smoother. I am sure dominant ball handlers like Trapp and Jahmir made it a challenge, but this is a shift from earlier Ron teams. They run and they shoot. My only concern at this point is we are still letting penetration happen easier than a gastonia hooker. Have to clean that up.

I want nothing more than to absolutely destroy App and Davidson.

6 Likes

Gipson and Patterson make a world of difference in this team.

2 Likes

I love having Henry’s son on this team. It just feels right.

10 Likes

Cool pic from last night.

7 Likes

Good game and I will take a W any way we can get it, but it is very hard to judge so far.
UMES played 0 defense on the perimeter except for one short stretch in the second half when they got aggressive. They were very small.
I love the ball movement.
Hopefully we have a good tournament this weekend.

Speaking of attendance, did anyone see how small the crowd was for the NC State-FIU game? Pitiful.

After watching our first two games I thought the same thing I thought last year : I wish Aly would build some upper body bulk and strength. He’d be a beast. I was concerned when he didn’t finish on the offensive boards in this game.