2022-23 MBB - UMES @ Charlotte, 11/14 7:00 PM ESPN+

Fourth meeting with the MEAC program. Niners lead series 3-0.

clt says it will be weird to see Jamir back in a road uni

4 Likes
1 Like

For some more insight into UMES, similar to Coppin State, they play a smaller lineup. They lost at ODU last week. Here is the box score:

What stands out to me is that they shot the 3 ball well, but got crushed on the boards.

1 Like

Bump

Wow, the team is really playing great! Much better than I expected after last year and the loss of Young.

4 Likes
3 Likes

After the sore was 9-4, the Charlotte 49ers ran out of bubblegum
roddy piper chew bubblegum and kick ass GIF

2 Likes

That 3 aside, Aldrich is having a tough time tonight. Turnover machine.

jennifer aniston GIF

clt says we are back!

We took care of bizness. Some sloppy turnovers in the 2nd half though which looked bad. I’m looking forward to seeing how the team does against better competition so I can gauge what kind of team this is. 2-0 with ease.

Fun game. We played well, especially the starters.

Luckily, UMES did not shoot the ball like they did against ODU. 27% from the field… Brutal.

Really not much to complain about tonight. Just to get this stuff out of the way - Aldrich needs to stop telegraphing his passes and be more aware. He had a rough game tonight with passing and turnovers. Plagued the whole team, but he really struggled.

Was a little disappointed that Khalifa struggled to finish around the rim against a smaller team.

That’s it really. Everyone else played well.

I thought Threadgill was POTG followed by Brice who was also really really good.

Honestly, this 2 game stretch was a pretty solid dry run before Myrtle Beach. Let’s go see what we actually have this year against some decent teams.

3 Likes

Thing I like best is that anyone can come off the bench and there doesn’t seem to be any let down. Seems like the most balanced team we have had in a long time. Agree, interested in seeing what we do against better competition.

2 Likes

When was the last time we had back to back blowouts of teams we should easily beat?

6 Likes

clt says Jamir who?

4 Likes