Purdue Fort Wayne 52
:basketball: Detroit Mercy 85

Drexel 67
:basketball: Monmouth 69

:basketball: Presbyterian 48
Gardner-Webb 56

:basketball: Davidson 93
:basketball: UMass 78

Already known and discussed, but additional confirmation.

GAMES OF INTEREST, FEB 4th
(Updated 10:09 PM)

#19 FAU 67
CHARLOTTE 52

CHARLOTTE WBB 73
FAU WBB 59

:basketball: UTSA 60
:basketball: Middle Tennessee 84

:basketball: North Texas 74
:basketball: Rice 64

:basketball: FIU 72
:basketball: UAB 75

:basketball: UTEP 69
:basketball: WKU 74

James Madison 63
:basketball: App State 57

Purdue Fort Wayne 52
:basketball: Detroit Mercy 85

Drexel 67
:basketball: Monmouth 69

:basketball: Presbyterian 48
Gardner-Webb 56

:basketball: Davidson 93
:basketball: UMass 78

Realize the lyrics donā€™t really apply but the title ā€œFunk 49ā€ definitely describes my mood. From Joe Walsh (with a little help from Daryl Hall etc):

1 Like

Donā€™t know where this belongs but I always assumed that Charlotte would be a basketball school. Based on the past 3 months it appears we have a much better chance of becoming a football school! And a good one!

We havenā€™t been a basketball school since before we even had a football team. We were a soccer school there for awhile.

1 Like

4Ever read my post, I said ASSUMEDā€¦

1 Like

From 11-3 to 13-10, and sinking faster than a deflated Chinese spy balloon. Who saw this coming?

Itā€™s not getting easier. Nothing too soft like the start of the season is on the remaining schedule. There is a real possibility of finishing below .500

If Aly isnā€™t able to get back to form health wise, thatā€™s a good probability. That would be 4 scholarship players sitting on the bench not contributing. Including our team MVP and only center.

There are new excuses every year. Iā€™m so tired of hearing them.

1 Like

Lolā€¦here come the excuses.

Heā€™s had going on 5yrs to recruit another centerā€¦and to recruit enough depth that 1 player being out doesnā€™t completely sabatoge the team.

Againā€¦thatā€™s on him too.

2 Likes

One of my favorite quotes:

ā€œExcuses are the crutches of the untalented.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™m thought our mvp has come off the bench all season?

Just an opinion as they say. Aly has been the most constant all-round player snd our offense, su h as it is, runs best when heā€™s on the court.

1 Like

If we lack quality depth isnt that on the coaching staff as well? Recruiting? Player development?

1 Like

Covid

Covid did play a big part this time around (apparently still does). Recruiting is 100% on the staff & HC, which was why it was time for Bobby to go. Alan was getting recruits and eventually might have succeeded, but he got sick. Now until the player transfer portal setttles down, there will be no player development, just roster management. Face it weā€™re been cursed ever since Marquette hit that final shot. Hense our common refrain of pulling a Niner or the refs stole the game, or a key player gets hurt/sick at the absolute worst possible time, or UNC Cheat uses players that should have been academically intelligible to beat us, or we lose a game when weā€™re up big at the half, or lose to someone we could have or should have beaten. Ron has been bringing in some recruits and I hope heā€™s learned his lesson and stps bringing in P5 players moving down instead of good lower league players moving up. We just need more better players.

2 Likes

Comparing Sanchez to the Final 4 team, the great teams of Melvin and Bobby, that is a new low

I just want to make the point that both of these posts can be (and are) correct. Itā€™s possible to hold two ideas in oneā€™s head at the same time, especially when they are both true. And we dont have to try to actively divide the board into pro and anti Sanchez camps the way everything else these days is done. We are all Niner fans. At the end of the day, I believe that we all just want to win. However, we have varying ways of dealing with it when we donā€™t, especially when basketball has struggled for so very long.

6 Likes