2022-23 Niner Basketball 🏀

I’d rather hear “Call me Al”

Yeah our entire offense is a set play and motion and spacing. It’s up to the players to know what to do. Not saying I like that or agree with it. Ron talks often about Brice getting his points in the system - something he’s done on multiple occasions when he is aggressive.

I don’t think the issue is the style of offense. I think it’s the application. He drills in the good shot mentality so much that kids are afraid to shoot early on when they have a good look. I think that’s why Brice struggles with being aggressive. Just my 02

I do wish we had a few got to plays so when we hit the drought or need a bucket we have something to go to. We never seem to come out of the set offense or defense for that matter. It’s why we are easy to scout.

1 Like

Because we always talk on here about scoring droughts, I had this discussion with a friend Saturday. He believes that the three point shot is the root cause for an increase of “x minutes without scoring” and “big runs”.
His point was if you shoot and miss the lower percentage shot of a 3, let’s say 3 possessions in a row and your opponent makes a couple of 2 or threes you are now on a scoring drought and they are on a run. Has it always happened, yes but with teams shooting more threes at like 30% and not paint points at 40% or so, more opportunities for lulls and runs.

Had not thought about the threes impact on all that but might be some interesting data. Are there more scoring droughts and longer ones now? Are there more runs now?

2 Likes

GAMES OF INTEREST, FEB 28th
(Updated 5:31 AM)

#18 San Diego State 60
:basketball: Boise State 66

Purdue Fort Wayne 68
:basketball: Detroit Mercy 81
Horizon Tournament - 1st round

1 Like

GAMES OF INTEREST, MAR 1st
(Updated 10:59 PM)

GW 75
:basketball: Davidson 70

:basketball: Presbyterian 63
Campbell 68
Big South Tournament - 1st round

:basketball: Tulsa 56
USF 72

:basketball: UMass 79
Duquesne 88

1 Like

Who is out of eligibility after this season? Gipson, Aldrich, and Larson? Can Jallow and Braswell return next season? Just curious how many open spots will have prior to people potentially entering the portal.

1 Like

Gibson and Aldrich are the only ones with no eligibility remaining that have a scholarship. Larson is a walk-on.

I believe I saw someone say we have 3 open slots if no one transfers. However, I believe we only have 1 currently open as we already signed 1 player.

We have 2 available

How many years does Jallow and Braswell have after this season?

2 Likes

Yes, 5th year grad students Aldrich and Gipson are the scholarship players who are about to complete their college eligibility. They, along with Larson, will be recognized on Senior Day this Saturday.

Pretty sure Braswell and Jallow both have one season remaining.

2 Likes

With his injuries, Musa will probably not play again, particularly at this level. May drop down to a lower level like Benny Moss. Braswell may or may not continue playing.

Jallow didn’t sound like he was planning on leaving during the interview on Niners Live this past Monday.

1 Like

GAMES OF INTEREST, MAR 2nd
(Updated 10:59 PM)

CHARLOTTE 73
UTSA 78

UTSA WBB 80
CHARLOTTE WBB 59

:basketball: FIU 76
:basketball: LA Tech 77 / OT

:basketball: Middle Tennessee 50
:basketball: North Texas 64

:basketball: FAU 103
:basketball: Rice 74

:basketball: WKU 73
:basketball: UTEP 68

:basketball: App State 61
South Alabama 68
Sun Belt Tournament - 2nd round

:basketball: Coppin State 77
Morgan State 65

:basketball: Detroit Mercy 66
Youngstown State 71
Horizon Tournament - 2nd round

:basketball: UMES 64
Delaware State 58

If Braswell is just wrist why would he stop playing?

1 Like

We could use his shooting in place of Threadgill.

4 Likes

clt says we need JT to shoot with confidence again

3 Likes

GAME OF INTEREST, MAR 3rd
(Posted 4:58 PM)

:basketball: Monmouth 100
Hampton 64
Colonial Tournament - 1st round

GAMES OF INTEREST, MAR 4th
(Updated 6:11 AM)

UAB 93 / 2OT
CHARLOTTE 91

CHARLOTTE WBB 75
UAB WBB 83

:basketball: FAU 76
:basketball: LA Tech 72

:basketball: WKU 33
:basketball: North Texas 67

:basketball: FIU 90
:basketball: Rice 83

:basketball: Middle Tennessee 75
:basketball: UTEP 77

:basketball: Boise State 73
Utah State 86

:basketball: Davidson 68
Rhode Island 54

:basketball: Monmouth 45
Drexel 64
Colonial Tournament - 2nd round

St. Bonaventure 60
:basketball: UMass 71

6 Likes

2nd team or first if he wasnt held back most of the season. Sad those announcers in the MB tournament could see that he was the best player on the court.

1 Like