2022-23 Niner Basketball 🏀

FWIW yesterday at the tailgate Fuller said this was the longest team we have had and the most athletic since he and Mike got here. He mentioned the team dynamic is much improved from last few years. He also discussed how imperative it is for teams to run systems that can be installed and run in the new environment where you don’t build rosters for a 4/5 year run you build a team every year.

3 Likes

@NinerWupAss Did Fuller discuss the new coaching staff we are bringing in that runs a system like that?

3 Likes

If that is indeed the starters, that gives us a pretty strong bench other than no back up center.

I think that was his way of saying it’s been discussed with current staff.

4 Likes

Bobby deleted the tweet.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2022-23 MBB - Coppin State @ Charlotte, 11/7 6:00 PM ESPN+

Is Musa still hurt? Does not even mention him as a returning player.

Musa still recovering from ACL. Should come back about conference play time if all things go well.

1 Like

Most books have us as 10.5 point favorites, some 11. Give me Coppin State outright. I’ve got a feeling Sanchez produces a Wisselian 5 win season.

I hope we don’t have the Belmont Abbey scheduled

I don’t know why some so called fans on here bother following the program since it is so bad by their accounts. Oh it’s so they can think they’re cute making negative comments. It’s not cute, it’s childish and it’s getting old to real fans

10 Likes

I am because these embarrassing football and basketball programs have been well documented here, but not well enough for any change. The incompetence of our board of directors is next

I will be out at the game tonight. I am going in expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Perhaps this is the year it all clicks? Perhaps this is the roster mix that we needed? Or maybe they will be terrible. For our sake I hope we win, often and if we do I will be thrilled.

6 Likes

I can’t wait

Highly recommend the “ignore” function. Unfortunately, the maximum time you can ignore a poster is one year.

I’ll likely go as well.

Since I want Ron gone and nothing I ever want to happen in sports happens, I figure if I go to root against Ron every game, we will finish the season undefeated at home.

1 Like

New basketball podcast from 730 The Game - Cameron Williams and Jeremy (Granderson???). They make note of an injury to one of the players. Give it a listen.

I like the FSU grad (Jeremy) from UD Dynasty on the podcast. He is trying even though this isn’t his program.

Is there an ignore function for losing basketball? That would be great. I can ignore the games, but not the results.

There are a handful of posters on here that see everything in a negative light.
We all agree our revenue sports are not where we want, but we could win 25 games this year in basketball and they would still be negative.
I will be there to cheer our young women and men on regardless.
Go Niners!!!

10 Likes