2022-23 Niner Basketball šŸ€

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1542905268606013440

6 Likes

In his preseason A-10 power rankings, Rothstein has Davidson at #4, while MBI participants Loyola Chicago and UMass are #7 and #8, respectively.

3 Likes
1 Like

Niners are headed to Costa Rica. I think this is a much needed trip with all of the new faces and will give us a sneak peak at this years team.

clt says apparently money isnt an issue.

I thought there used to be a rule saying you could do it every other year. I remember us going to Canada a few times, but we hadnā€™t done it lately, and I was wondering why we hadnā€™t, especially with new pieces coming in all the time.

Its every 4 years, but Covid is gonna Covid.

Wasnā€™t familiar with Gipsonā€™s favorite restaurant, Raising Caneā€™s Chicken Fingers. See that itā€™s based in Baton Rouge, with nearest location to CLT being Clemson. (I did a post grad year at LSU in the late 80ā€™s, but that was prior Caneā€™s being founded in the mid 90ā€™s.)

Anyway, Caneā€™s NC locations include Greenville at ECU and Jacksonville at Camp Lejeune. And speaking of new fast food chicken restaurants, finally made it to Slim Chickens off of I-485 in U City. Pretty good! :+1:

1 Like

Had Canes when we played @ Clemson, but not the only time I have. Itā€™s pretty good, but I think most people are addicted to the sauce. They do crinkle fries, which I donā€™t care for.

Had slim chickens too, twice. It was really good the first time, a little too greasy the 2nd (sat really heavy in my belly). Tasty though.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1547986187834445827

Igor Milicic ā€“ Poland
Small Forward
Birth Date: August 27, 2002 (19 years old)
Height: 2.02m (6ft 8in)
Club: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (USA)
Igor Milicic Jr. has already made his debut for Polandā€™s senior national team, but heā€™s never represented his country at a FIBA junior event. At the FIBA U20 European Championship, the skilled forward is expected to lead the Polish squad. Despite standing 2.02m, Milicic exclusively plays on the perimeter. Heā€™s a capable shooter off the catch and shows some flashes off the dribble as well. Furthermore, heā€™s able to shoulder a part of his teamā€™s shot creation, as he can create driving lanes and make some passing reads out of pick-and-roll. He also contributes on the defensive end, especially as a help defender around the basket, where he consistently alters shots using his size and length. The 19-year-old certainly didnā€™t have the season he hoped for, only playing 99 total minutes as a freshman for Virginia, but this tournament provides an opportunity for the youngster to get back on track, before he moves to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte for his sophomore season in college

NA notes that 2.02 meters is 6ā€™7 1/2 in freedom units.

1 Like

Ate at one of these in Hattiesburg. Itā€™s basically Zaxbyā€™s.

:bucket::bucket::bucket:

2 Likes

Hope to see lots of that this year !

Igorā€™s stats from yesterday.

He is playing again right now for anyone interested. Its currently halftime. Not a great first half for him so far.

#10 in red

JUST hit a 3 to tie it at 51. Heā€™d missed the last two I saw him take.