2022 Baseball Week 11 - UNC Asheville, NC A&T, At Marshall (YouTube)

They took the TV timeout clock from the football team and put it in the dugout. They’ve also taken it on the road.

When they take the field each inning, they want to be off the field in under 8 minutes. It is just a visual to help pick up the tempo for the pitchers.

3 Likes

1 Like

Obviously, this weekend is crucial for seeding in the conference tournament, though I have to admit that USM winning that thing on their home field is going to be expected.

I see that Marshal is now projected to open their stadium prior to the 2024 season, so good for them :smirk:

share discover GIF

Shout out to Big Butch…2-4 last night and a great layout diving catch in left!

1 Like

Did not know Marshall had no lights. 80% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday. They really should try to play 2 on Saturday or Friday. Friday would be tough because of travel. Saturday is iffy because of weather.
What a load of crap!

Flagship.

Butch has been very capable in left. He deserves a lot of credit for the progress he’s made out there.

2 Likes

And hitting the ball well too!

1 Like

Somehow Marshall has found away to avoid being swept every weekend this season. They swept WKU last weekend and have found a way to either win the Friday or the Sunday game every conference weekend.

Also, there is this:

Because the facility lies outside the city’s floodwall and is on the banks of the Ohio River, games are often cancelled or moved to an assortment of alternative fields.

Scouting Charlotte
The Knights enter Friday on a six-game winning streak.

Nate Furman has the second-best batting average in the conference at .377 and is tied for third with 46 runs scored.

Spencer Giesting has a team-leading 68 strikeouts this season, fifth most in Conference USA.

Woodard said on our podcast last night that the rotation would be Hale, Lancaster, TBD for this weekend.

clt says the Knights would destroy marshal

2 Likes

This is brutal…

yep - hard to watch, hard to listen to.

edit, should be listening to broadcast

I have successfully synced the audio on the radio call to the video on my TV. That’s better. Had to open stat-cast since I can’t trust what the screen shows.

1 Like

It looks worse in person.

Their AD should be embarrassed. More than happy to let them be App’s problem.