2022 Baseball Week 11 - UNC Asheville, NC A&T, At Marshall (YouTube)

The Niners went 4-0 last week including a 3 game sweep of UAB and now sit at 23-16, 8-10 in C-USA. RPI jumped 29 spots from last week to 88.

Not much RPI help coming this week, all we can do is stack wins.

C-USA is up to 7th overall in RPI. Still lots to be decided as seeds 2 through 9 are separated by 4 games in the standings, with 12 games remaining.

Schedule for this week:

Tuesday- UNC Asheville 6:00

Wednesday- NC A&T 6:00

Friday - at Marshall 3:00 (YouTube)
Saturday- at Marshall 1:00 (YouTube)
Sunday- at Marshall 1:00 (YouTube)

All 3 games at Marshall will be played at the Kennedy Center YMCA and will hopefully be televised on their YouTube channel. I’ve tried to watch on their channel this season for a game and it was just 1 camera set up behind home plate without announcers. It also kept going out, so it could be our radio only for this weekend.

No probable starting pitchers listed in the game notes, but I’d assume Brooks is penciled in for one of them. Weather is looking iffy for this afternoon.

clt says we cannot get out of cusa fast enough. marshal baseball is a joke

Those free stress balls should be saved for basketball fans.

1 Like

We need five in a row this week, badly

UNC Asheville does not have any other games on their schedule this week.

Looks like Hopson is getting a much deserved game off. He took some hard knocks behind the plate last weekend.

1 Like

Matt Brooks tosses another gem. 7.1 scoreless innings.

8 Likes

Nice win! Great pitching.

3 Likes

When we started the losing streak, we didn’t have an ace. Brooks really acting like an ace of late - we’ll see if that translates to a weekend start, maybe Sunday?

Also, Giesting really looks great lately coming out of the pen (if you can forget that one horrible outing during the losing streak)

1 Like

Huck didn’t dissapoint with the 3 run blast !

Big Maple with a bomb and lacing a 97mph fastball onto the corner for a double was encouraging.

2 Likes

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? We just got a double play called on us because a runner passed another runner on the basepaths----AGAIN. Ugh.

EDIT - ruled a catch. Man, if it had been for passing the runner, I’d have been PISSED. We should’ve already learned that lesson.

With one exception, great pitching tonight in 11-3 win.

1 Like

That was a terrible call. The CF didn’t catch that ball. With the ball laying on the ground Furm kept running. That got him doubled off when they ruled it a catch.

Later in the game the CF did make a great grab to rob Fisher of a homer.

I like winning.

I like this winning stuff too. Let’s get 3 more this weekend and get above .500 in conference! These guys can do it!

3 Likes

Pinstripe Power :baseball: :muscle:

2 Likes

Nice to see McCabe back in the line-up on a regular basis. Looks like he is getting back to his normal productive self.

https://twitter.com/Diamond9erRPT/status/1519338316608458753?s=20&t=onIdswDypUSLYdcijIw7Ew

2 Likes

So what is this exactly?