2022 Baseball Week 14 - At South Carolina (SEC Net+); LaTech (ESPN +)

We’re playing ourselves onto the bubble, this weekends series is massive.

2 Likes

We beat dem cocks good tonight. Ahhhh! I’ll sleep good tonight.

1 Like

15 wins in our last 17 games after losing 8 of the previous 10,…and the 2 losses were both in extras, on the road. …unreal.

1 Like

So I don’t watch a ton of baseball in general, so maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like we have a lot of grand slams.

kate upton si swimsuit 2017 GIF by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

I’m no expert, but we have the following combo in a team:

1. we have a lot of hitters that are good at getting on base (high average)
  2. we are VERY patient at the plate (we’re near the top in walks drawn)
  3. we have a LOT of guys in the lineup that can hit it a mile

That adds up to more grand slams than the average team.

grand slam creighton baseball GIF by Creighton University Athletics

Our overall record isn’t very good, do we need to win the CUSA tourny to get in the baseball post season? Or is our conference just good?

What is our record with and without McCabe?

Memories of all the injury excuses that got P5 teams with meh records into the NCAA basketball tournament.

Butcher has four himself !

34-18, not very good?

1 Like

Ah, thanks, the top post said our record was 16-11 I see now that must be conference only… good looking forward to seeing how we do in the post season.

clt says our rpi is now 69

1 Like

jiggity GIF

1 Like

https://twitter.com/diamond9errpt/status/1526951387250180104?s=21&t=XAYKa_09BcD-SmxOOfN8aQ

4 Likes

Big series starts tomorrow at 6:00!!

2 Likes

Anyone who will wear green and use my tickets tonight, I’ll gladly transfer them. I’ve got another event and can’t go.

1 Like

We can play our way onto the bubble this weekend. C-USA is currently 5th in RPI and we sit at 68 and are hosting LaTech who is at 54. They are safely in as an at large it seems by the projections. We have a chance to leapfrog them and put our name in the hat with a good weekend.

D1 Baseball has the following projections:

18 Southern Miss (2 Seed)
54 LaTech (3 Seed)
45 UTSA (3 Seed) Last 4 In
51 ODU (3 Seed) – Last 4 In
47 MTSU – First 4 Out

Teams we’ve played also in: Louisville (1), UConn* (2), WVU* (3), UNC (3), Coastal* (3), Campbell* (4), College of Charleston* (4). We are 5-4 vs those teams.

Baseball America has:

Southern Miss (1 Seed Hosting- 16th overall seed)
LaTech (3)

OOC Teams In: Louisville (1), UConn (2), Coastal (3), UNC (3), WVU (3), Campbell (4), C of C (4),

So lets put ourselves on the bubble this weekend, and then get on the right side of the bubble next week in the C-USA Tourney.

6 Likes