2022 Baseball Week 3- Gardner-Webb, Purdue (C-USA TV), Western Illinois

And an entertaining coach that can go full Lutz when a stupid ass umpire totally screws up a play and screws us !

1 Like

So ur saying this team is still a tourney team?

I’m not a big enough baseball fan to follow the college baseball world, but I do like to keep up with our team, so your insights are always appreciated.

3 Likes

Ditto. I know very little about college baseball.

Appreciate your insights Mr B.

2 Likes

Yeah, we could make the tourney. It’s way early. It’s the equivalent of a Hoops team being 2-2 against a decent OOC schedule

1 Like

*Probable Starters |
Friday: Jack Carberry versus Spencer Giesting |
Saturday: Jace Warkentien versus Cameron Hansen |
Sunday: Chandler Fochs versus Will Lancaster

Pleasantly surprised to see Lancaster back out there. He went down with an injury in Game 2 Saturday and it didn’t look good. Had to be helped off the field. Glad it looked worse than it actually was.

3 Likes

Hopefully we can work Knight and Madole back into the lineup this weekend too. Go Niners!

Madole making his 1st start as a 49er.

2 Likes

Gutted out a Friday night W.

2 Likes

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

On the radio broadcast it sounded like there were a lot of WIU fans at the game. Wouldn’t have expected that. We have to start getting more clutch hits and not have so many LOB’s. I wish Butcher could find his groove. He’s been in a real slump to start the season. Good to see Madole in the lineup!

Western has to be one of the best 1-7 teams I’ve ever seen. Scrappy bunch of kids with some talent, that just cant seem to get it together .
Alot like our basketball team! Great to see Colby come back with a good outing.

1 Like

We really need AK back in the regular lineup as well.

1 Like

Through 5 innings the bats are exploding CLT 22 WUI 4

With 26 hits CLT beats Western Illinois 29-4

2 Likes

What time is the game tomorrow? I have seen both 12:00 and 1:00 on our website.

I have it at 12:00

Noon. Moved up from 1.