2022 College Football 🏈

Our expanded stadium size is probably gonna land in a sweet spot given the trends.

2 Likes

There is a lot of validity to what that guy is saying.

I live in a somewhat walkable community with access to a bunch of restaurants, businesses a Y and a park.

There are a lot of activities going on all the time both planned and unplanned. Not all attended just by people that live here but I’m sure the neighbor hood provides a baseline.

I have 4 third places. My two favorite bars - one (Sammys) is walkable if I want in Belmont, the second one is Belfast in Charlotte. Both of them I can go by myself spend 15 minutes or 3 hours. Make new friends or meet old friends. The weeks I get to go to them are better weeks. Third is church, its a place to meet up with people I am unlikely to see at 1 or 2 places. This is also where I know I will see family members if week has been busy. The 4th is Charlotte events - tailgates, games or other things. Some of those overlap with people I might see at places 1 or 2, but often times they are people I see only at Niner things. It takes us back to coming to games. I dont want to miss games, not because of the game, but because of the people and relationships. I went to the soccer match last week vs coastal and ran into so many people to chat with.

It takes commitment to carve out time to go to these places. It is easy to just say nah I will stay home. I know my soul is better for it when I go though. I know I am a better person because of the people I have met at these. People that have a different back ground, different beliefs and different opinions.

My wife has her own places, a Yoga studio, a group gym workout with friends and church and Sammys.

2 Likes

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1575507441491525635

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022 C-USA Football :football:

I’m sure that’s just what :checks notes: Tulane and Houston :football: fans care about. :roll_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like

This seems to be the appropriate thread to ask “Did Judge get a homer last night?”

Oklahoma 17
TCU 41

At halftime :football:

1 Like

clt say that was a boring noon slate

1 Like

Saw that Navy has a player named Harbour during their game vs Air Force. Knew about Booty.

Wow. Hell of a concept that an AD holds their coaches accountable and makes the hard decisions. I’m still waiting for a negative reason to hold on to Healy until the end of the season. Getting rid of him now versus the end of the season doesn’t really hurt the bank account and it possibly allows him to find another job sooner so that we don’t have to keep paying him. It also signals to everyone else that “things they are a changing”. The worse case without Healy is that we don’t win another game this season; however guess what, the best case with Healy staying until the end of the season is that we don’t win another game this season. Not seeing any drawbacks.

I just wonder how strapped for cash we are. If we had Plenty of reserve funds to cover his contract maybe they pull the trigger even before now.

My gut says we don’t have the funds. And part of that may be needing to run a tight ship to get the facilities projects moving.

I hope I’m wrong on that because it’s obvious we need to be well funded to succeed.

We are a G5 that plays money games like most of the rest. You nailed it, we are cash strapped. Those that don’t believe we are should attend an away game and compare.