2022 College Football ๐Ÿˆ

The losses do suck, which is why Iโ€™ve surrounded myself with folks that I enjoy being around. Even if we lose I got to hang out with friends so the day ends up being fun no matter the result

If we are discussing attendance maybe that is another dynamic, especially post Covid and with newer generations specifically, in that people have forgotten how to forge meaningful in person relationships that enhance life.

3 Likes

Well people showed up this year, and I was especially impressed by the student turnout and enthusiasm. Then the reality of losing set in and that kills it. Winning solves everything.

4 Likes

Well, I started out this year mildly enthusiastic about the season and pumped for tailgating.

Rain has dampened the tailgating severely and the product on the field squelched any hope for a decent season.

As far as being there vrs my TV set up. I love being there. I was there for a lot of big hoops wins including beating #3 Cincy. Nothing like it and then the after parties at Pics. But being home and being able to watch top flight games in a cool ass place with a fridge full of beer and a bathroom 5 steps away beats the fuck out of driving, parking, walking and then seeing a shitty product. Oh yeah and then thereโ€™s the probably 4k I spend by the time you throw in 6 hotel nights.

They gonna have to earn me back, Iโ€™ve given enough

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EladNehorai/status/1575218783999836160

Thought this was on point. Itโ€™s a discussion that probably needs to be had, as the Covid pandemic steadily resolves.

clt says it is easier to track your bets when you can watch multiple tvโ€™s at once at home

1 Like

Our expanded stadium size is probably gonna land in a sweet spot given the trends.

2 Likes

There is a lot of validity to what that guy is saying.

I live in a somewhat walkable community with access to a bunch of restaurants, businesses a Y and a park.

There are a lot of activities going on all the time both planned and unplanned. Not all attended just by people that live here but Iโ€™m sure the neighbor hood provides a baseline.

I have 4 third places. My two favorite bars - one (Sammys) is walkable if I want in Belmont, the second one is Belfast in Charlotte. Both of them I can go by myself spend 15 minutes or 3 hours. Make new friends or meet old friends. The weeks I get to go to them are better weeks. Third is church, its a place to meet up with people I am unlikely to see at 1 or 2 places. This is also where I know I will see family members if week has been busy. The 4th is Charlotte events - tailgates, games or other things. Some of those overlap with people I might see at places 1 or 2, but often times they are people I see only at Niner things. It takes us back to coming to games. I dont want to miss games, not because of the game, but because of the people and relationships. I went to the soccer match last week vs coastal and ran into so many people to chat with.

It takes commitment to carve out time to go to these places. It is easy to just say nah I will stay home. I know my soul is better for it when I go though. I know I am a better person because of the people I have met at these. People that have a different back ground, different beliefs and different opinions.

My wife has her own places, a Yoga studio, a group gym workout with friends and church and Sammys.

2 Likes

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1575507441491525635

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022 C-USA Football :football:

Iโ€™m sure thatโ€™s just what :checks notes: Tulane and Houston :football: fans care about. :roll_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like

This seems to be the appropriate thread to ask โ€œDid Judge get a homer last night?โ€

Oklahoma 17
TCU 41

At halftime :football:

1 Like

clt say that was a boring noon slate

1 Like

Saw that Navy has a player named Harbour during their game vs Air Force. Knew about Booty.