2022 College Football šŸˆ

Wow. Hell of a concept that an AD holds their coaches accountable and makes the hard decisions. Iā€™m still waiting for a negative reason to hold on to Healy until the end of the season. Getting rid of him now versus the end of the season doesnā€™t really hurt the bank account and it possibly allows him to find another job sooner so that we donā€™t have to keep paying him. It also signals to everyone else that ā€œthings they are a changingā€. The worse case without Healy is that we donā€™t win another game this season; however guess what, the best case with Healy staying until the end of the season is that we donā€™t win another game this season. Not seeing any drawbacks.

I just wonder how strapped for cash we are. If we had Plenty of reserve funds to cover his contract maybe they pull the trigger even before now.

My gut says we donā€™t have the funds. And part of that may be needing to run a tight ship to get the facilities projects moving.

I hope Iā€™m wrong on that because itā€™s obvious we need to be well funded to succeed.

We are a G5 that plays money games like most of the rest. You nailed it, we are cash strapped. Those that donā€™t believe we are should attend an away game and compare.

And this is why we need to get our name in the hat sooner than later. Not that we can compete with these schools regarding $$, but itā€™s like playing the lottery; your odds are low, but you canā€™t win if you donā€™t play.

PULL THE TRIGGER HILL!!!

do it jewish GIF

I donā€™t think money is an issue. If we want fire him we will. If we are going to fire midseason it will be tomorrow. Bye week and road game coming up. I donā€™t see them firing midseason if it isnā€™t tomorrow. They could what they did with Brad and announce change with a few games left in the season.

The argument to not go midseason is no confidence in anyone to just run the program. It win or lose, just nuts and bolts to keep day to day going. Could also be a case of not wanting to make a coach look bad which pays dividends when looking for the next guy.

1 Like

Chryst won a lot of gamesā€¦not sure why he was yanked so quickly

Mandel off on the buyout amount:

I would take an 8-5 record

4 Likes

^This! It makes NO SENSE. Unless thereā€™s some type of scandal yet to be made public information. Theyā€™ll be sorry they yanked Chryst when theyā€™re stuck with a perennial mediocre or losing program.

And someone, i.e, the twitter poster, from Nebraska would know all about this b/c it is somewhat reminiscent of the Solich firing

1 Like

Is it too dangerous to start daydreaming about picking up a coach like Chryst on the rebound?

And should we even do so? We need someone who can recruit the hell out of the southeast.

Yeah, thatā€™s my thoughts exactly. Good coach but probably not a great fit for us.