2022 College Football 🏈

clt says that Twitter no know English

Our administration is looking weak and indecisive concerning the game this weekend

I for one am shocked

Hell, most of the HIGH SCHOOLS around here have moved their games to earlier times.

What else did you expect?

We get a mention:

https://twitter.com/DannyEcker/status/1575244089779490816?t=2CjlL4sAXMcwRne_k7Rykg&s=19

Looks fun

clt says that is too modern, needs bricks

“smaller”

1 Like

Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

2 Likes

clt says attendance is going to decrease in all sports sadly

2 Likes

Conference alignment has also impacted attendance by destroying regional rivals. They mention the lack of competition in many games as well. Throw in the declining generational interest in sports period. I do think NIL and the portal have had a negative impact as well. It all adds up to folks just acting forget it.

3 Likes

Starting to think that returning to regional alignment may be the only way to save attendance.

But let’s not kid ourselves. The #1 far and away destroyer of attendance is that 4k TV and surround sound system in your house, plus the dozen channels beaming every game, right down to Lizard Lick Tech to it.

1 Like

I am sure for some it has, but that’s weird to me as I’ve always preferred to be there. I’m curious if we took a survey of being at events live vs tv what it would say. I of course am much more of a people person so being in an crowd is always more fun to me. I’ve felt the same way about movie theaters vs home theaters. I will say tho If it is cost related I get that. Tickets plus food and drink and parking gs home. It gets expensive.

I like being there in general, but too often the at the game experience loses to the combo of hassle/cost/I’m tired/4k tv, especially when you aren’t winning. I can take a loss or two, but one of the worst feelings to me, regardless of the sport or the team, is walking out of a stadium after a loss. Total bummer. And I am way too familiar with it after the last 17 years of Niner sports.

1 Like