2022 Men's Basketball C-USA Tournament thread šŸ€

We are 2.5 point favorites.

1 Like

I watched part of that game and thought it was more entertaining than the majority of our games ive watched this yearā€¦

ā€œWhere do you think youā€™ve improved the most looking back at game one of the regular season?ā€

ā€œIf you look at our defensive numbers itā€™s gotten a lot betterā€¦ when you really look at our defenseā€¦ those are the areas weā€™ve improved the mostā€¦ but I think our defense has definitely improved and thatā€™s the reason weā€™ve had for the success that weā€™ve had later on in the season.ā€

• Coach of the #271st ranked defense. Anyone who thinks that this guys get it, sees something I donā€™t. Iā€™m not sure you could be more one dimensional if you were a character in an SNL skit.

Well, if the defense is ranked 271st on the entire season, there had to room for improvement at some point, so what he said actually makes sense. You could argue (and be right) that the improvement should have come much earlier. In other words, just because the defense got better doesnā€™t mean its good.

The question specifically asked about what area had improved since game one. To answer he had to pick something that got better. Did you think he would say ā€œwell, honestly we have not improved in any area. We suck just as much now as when we started and badly need a different head coachā€?

1 Like

I mean Iā€™d say our offense, particularly ball movement, flow, and back cuts is the biggest improvement, but what do I know.

1 Like

The biggest indictment on Ron Imo is heā€™s a defensive coach and the team defensively is really bad. I think the offense got better but I also think there is a chance Ron was told he needed to open it up some.

Last year everyone was complaining we were not scoring points and it was a boring style since the other team was only scoring 60 points. We were still losing, but now we do not play defense as well.

You mean you didnā€™t like the old ā€œhold the ball for 22 seconds and hoist up a prayerā€ offense?

To be fair, it was more like 29 secondsā€¦

Plusā€¦ Itā€™s not like offense & defense are mutually exclusive. A good coach can improve one without sacrificing the other. A good coach can improve both offensive AND defensive efficiency at the same time.

As unbelievable as that may sound.

Iā€™m still flabbergasted that weā€™re going to be watching our team play a meaningful college basketball game where you can hear whistles from the court next door that might interrupt play on our court.

2 Likes

Very significant news:

Too bad they are on the other side of the bracket.

Great. Weā€™ll beat them in the final.

1 Like