2022 Week 0 - Charlotte @ FAU, 8/27 7:00 PM CBSSN

We are currently +7. FAU has been a measuring stick for us the past few years. If we win this one we have a shot to be top 3 in the conference, if not then we’re trying to get bowl eligible. Huge game to have in Week 0.

2 Likes

+7 is a big numbet. You probably think Vegas does not think our defense has improved

Vegas hasn’t seen any team this year so everything now is based a lot of speculations.

1 Like

I’ve got it showing at Sammy’s sat. Any of y’all looking for a place to watch come on and join us at the Underground (basement) at Sammy’s.

4 Likes

Beat FAU!

6 Likes

Game Notes:

1 Like
1 Like

I just spent an hour listening to the ESPN GameDay podcast, and at the very end they started talking about this week’s games, starting with ours…

…and the podcast cutoff right after they introduced the game.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

For those that don’t want to download yet another stupid app, here is the podcast direct browser link:

Healy on at 4pm.

1 Like

Big game to set the tone for the season.

Obviously, the big thing to watch is the defense. I’m not expecting a complete 180 turnaround, but a couple of stops throughout the game without needing the offense to shoot themselves in the foot would be nice.

Another thing that’s been talked about a bit less is our offensive consistency. I’d really like to see us take the next step and start consistently scoring/driving. We have the weapons/tools to be great in that category, just need to put it together on the field.

1 Like

I think we need to shut down FAUs run game and make Perry beat us in the air. I’m not saying our corners are good, but in picking our poison, I’d rather do that.

On offense, Taggert lost his secondary and had to bring in a ton of transfers on Defense. I’d like to think we have a big advantage in the passing game, but I don’t really know how good those transfers are.

I would love to see us stop the run since everyone set rushing records against us last year.

4 Likes

One thing that gives me hope is how much our D improved in 2015 (Wally’s first year) and 2018 (Spencer’s first). If we can get even half of that improvement we’ll be in business.

I do think slowing down their run will be key, but I am frightened after listening to Hunter talk about our secondary. We’ve got to be able to slow it down with putting the corners on an island.

From the preseason interviews, sounds like our scheme is designed to give our corners a lot more help.

I have no idea how our defense will look, talent-wise I don’t think it’s bottom five in FBS bad, I’m hoping that shows tomorrow. Still have nightmares of that second half last year.

The stuff Hunter said about us probably needing to convert WR to corners was kind of scary.

Of course one of our better players in recent years, Juwan Foggie, was a converted WR, so maybe don’t completely panic.

I miss Foggie that guy was a ball hawk.

I’m a little panicked, talk about converting that position is better at the start of camp than the week of the first game. Still, our WR corp is one of (if not the) best in CUSA so it shouldn’t be a surprise camp was a TD party for them with a new D scheme.

We’ll find out in a little over 24 hours.

1 Like