Away: Tulsa, SMU, South Florida, East Carolina

Home: SMU, UAB, South Florida, East Carolina
Away: North Texas, Memphis, Florida Atlantic, Temple

Home: Tulsa, UTSA, Tulane, Temple
Away: Rice, UAB, East Carolina, Navy

Home: North Texas, Florida Atlantic, East Carolina, Navy
Away: Tulsa, UTSA, Tulane, South Florida

1 Like

Iā€™m going to take it as a positive sign for stadium construction start time that we are on the road at ECU next year. I have no proof it is, Iā€™m just going to make a huge old assumption and wear it like a warm blanket till Iā€™m disabused of it.

6 Likes

That 2025 home schedule isnā€™t so fan friendly. Three western schools and Temple.

2023, 2024, and 2026 are great.

2025 is chapel hill coming in. Offsets any crappy conf slate for ticket sales.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, forgot about that.

Phase 1 of stadium expansion needs to start asap. ECU will bring in a lot of fans. I suspect Memphis and Navy will have a decent fan contingent.

1 Like

May be just me but these schedules alone should be very attractive to not only future recruits but also to landing a quality name coach.

Those permanent rivalry games seem highly sensible. SEC has had those for ages.

Itā€™s almost like the Commish knows what he is doing?

This. Also someone used ā€œdisabusedā€ (correctly) on a sports forum. Nice. :+1:

Forget Phase 1. We need to move straight to Phase 2. We will sell out 30k for ECU and CHeat (and later on App and NCSU), and I suspect draw really strongly for JMU in 2024 and perhaps some other AAC games as well (especially if we are any good). Memphis comes to mind.

2 Likes

Or whichever team is the top of the AAC, theyā€™re generally ranked and our fan base loves an event like that.

1 Like

How well does Navy travel?

The first time a team plays at our stadium I bet theyā€™ll bring some fans. Charlotte is a pretty easy place to travel into.

1 Like

clt says not well, we dont have a port.

2 Likes

Itā€™s less about how they travel and more about Military support in your area. My dad is 87, so who knows if he will be able to, but he said if he was able he would love to go to game. He isnt a navy academy graduate, he was a navy pilot. The academies are basicaly the ND/Catholic or BYU/Mormon or Liberty/crazy equal.

So we should expect a solid crowd for those games as well.

1 Like

Yeah anytime navy plays in Dowdy thereā€™s always a larger crowd. Excited to be playing you guys annually moving forward. Hopefully your rebuild doesnā€™t take too long, but that first year may be a little rough for sure. Iā€™d imagine we got the nod for the first home game in the series just because weā€™ve been in this league for nearly a decade so Aresco probably threw us a bone on that one. Admittedly I wish they had gone with divisions but I understand the logic behind having the top two teams playing each other for the title each season to maximize chances for a marquee bowl game/potential playoff spot when it expands to 12 if any of our respective teams run the table one year.

4 Likes

As someone that usually goes to one or two road games per year I love that the AAC releases the schedule out this far in advance. The CUSA schedule was redone every two years and was put together by idiots.

5 Likes

I am very excited to play ECU in football even though that first meeting is going to be painful. Maybe a couple after that too.

I am also more excited than I expected to be back in a basketball league with them. They were our whipping boys in CUSA 1.0, but it will be more even this go around, and itā€™s nice to have an in state rival in the league.

3 Likes