2023-24 49er MBB Game #16 Charlotte @ UTSA 1/13 8:00 PM ESPNU

Twelfth meeting with the Roadrunners (7-9, 1-2 AAC), who won 78-73 in San Antonio back in March. Niners lead the series 6-5. Guys in green still looking for first true road win of the season and are 2-3 as the visitor in The Convo!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1745978444406472783

1 Like

UTSA is #274 on KenPom. A 20+ point road win would be a nice coming out party for the AAC. If we are going to turn the corner from mid to good, we have to avoid disappointment in a game like this.

I won’t call it a trap game but losing this would erase a lot of momentum. Go make a statement!

2 Likes

Looks like they have played everyone in conference very close and they have their leading scorer back after missing the first ten games. I look for a close ballgame that I hope we win.

1 Like

Winning on the road, no matter the conference or record, is tough.
Just win baby. Don’t care about style points especially since we have some guys somewhat banged up.

4 Likes

After all the college bball I have seen this season, road wins are at a huge premium. I’ll take them however they come.

1 Like

I absolutely will take any win too. Was just saying this is a chance to make a statement against a pretty bad team.

clt has no idea about this game

utsa mbb was robbed of a road win over memphis in their last game

we had to deal with the tulsa thugs

We’re 5.5 favorites. But I remember the very disappointing let down game at stetson. :face_vomiting: Hope we learned something from that.

2 Likes

Yeah…and UTSA is a better team than Stetson.

Not according to NET rankings. Stetson better by 93 spots.

UTSA didn’t have its best player for much of the season, so they’re not as bad as their NET says they are now.

1 Like

Right…but if you have watched them both, you should know…sounds trite, but UTSA truly is better than that ranking would indicate…in fact, they were VERY impressive last game at Memphis. Really should have won that game.

Ah okay. That’s fair. I do good just to catch the Charlotte games these days. Thanks for the info! Should be a good test then.

clt says this game is worrisome

1 Like

With this team, ALL road games worry me.

1 Like

We’ve won one neutral site and no true road games, right?

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1746330680647160085

Definitely no coming out flat tonight. Energy looks great so far. Good early lead on the road. Could be shooting better but they hopefully will settle into that.

Separately, hope Threadgill is okay.

2 Likes

Annual “UTSA’s gym is awful. Embarrassing.” complaint.

It really does suck though. Aresco should have made them commit to building a real arena.