2023-24 49er MBB Game #22 Charlotte @ USF 2/6 9:00 PM ESPN2

Agreed. Iā€™m hopeful the increased mins is a positive for Reiber. He definitely appeared more confident last night.

1 Like

Rolf is injured, probably for the year atp. I would love to see Young get in, instead of Berry. Young plays with a ton of confidence in the spot minutes he plays.

Our guard play failed us last night. Patterson stopped playing in the flow of the offense and Graves had a sophomore mistake getting stripped.

I think we need our guys, especially Patterson to realize that DJ is our number one option. Simply because no team in the AAC can guard him. The only thing that stops him is his conditioning and foul trouble.

4 Likes

Donā€™t know about yaā€™ll, but in a weird way it kind of feels good to be pissed about a loss again. I havenā€™t felt that in over a decade. We let last night slip, thatā€™s on us. Iā€™m looking forward to the rematch in Halton. I think we will kick their ass.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1755251969826906504

1 Like

Itā€™s not Vegas. They win off the spread. The question is, who is placing the bets and what is their influence.

Gambling is a dirty business. I know people that have lost their homes, inheritance, and families. Gambling is a major issue with our youth. It leads to corruption. I find it unlikey the officials were motivated by the line and gambling but not unprecedented.

I do know the officiating unfairly impacted the game last night. However, we could have still won if not for a few bad plays, thatā€™s sports.

Conference officiating this year gives the appearance the league wants to keep games close for entertainment value. That is not sports.

2 Likes

Good, we need the guys to be pissed off. They know they should have won that game.

1 Like

That is 5 points. Should be challenged to the league.

I am surprised there are not more comments about the Fragrant 1 on Patterson.
Foul - yes, but didnā€™t understand the ā€œFlagrantā€ part.

Graves is playing much better and these guys arenā€™t perfect, but didnā€™t we lose the UCF game to a Lackadaisical pass at the end by Graves?

Really wish Folkes had a jump shot.
On to the next game and keep it rolling.

1 Like

clt is concerned about JT, he has patches on his neck and had a concussion

he is an asset to this team

1 Like

There were so many bad calls in that game it is hard to remember them all. That call was garbage as well. With all that being said we beat ourselves last night. Time to start a new win streak.

1 Like

I canā€™t get too pissed about the flagrant on LCPā€¦ We go a soft one in the 1st that went our way. The refs were absolute shit last night (they were Saturday as well).

Iā€™m not blaming the refs though, we shut it down and deserved this one.

1 Like

I recall Fearne saying that JT was a loyal player, good teammate, etc. Wonder if his minutes are due to ā€œcharacterā€ and psychological contribution rather than scoring prowess?

Temple

A true shoulda coulda woulda game. Let it go down the stretch. Patterson boneheaded F1, Graves simply loose and sloppy on the strip steal and Igor shooting a 18 Ft 22 footer canā€™t happen.

Shoulda banged the ball inside the last bunch of trips down the court, they had no answer for DJ

2 Likes

Graves carelessly getting picked an Zays crosscourt pass into the 5th row in crunch are two plays that bothered me to most. But I feel sure theyā€™ll correct those.

2 Likes

I probably put too much weight into the playersā€™ psyches. IMO Patterson just had one bad call too many go against him. He was getting screwed by the refs. I am not excusing his last foul, but Iā€™d say I understand it. I also think we finally showed some cracks in our composure for the first time in AAC play.

In some ways, it is amazing that we had a 10 pt lead at halftime, having to sit half our starters due to foul trouble. Drives me nuts when the refs are impacting a game so heavily from the opening tip. We could have had an even bigger lead at halftime. Psyche stuff plays both ways.

On to Temple.

1 Like

The one or 2 games young played, he looked pretty good with good basketball iq and was able to make things happen. Also think Bailey could give us good some minuteā€¦he did play pro level ball overseas for a year or 2. His highlight tape from those games looked good. He average over 12 ppg I believe over there.

https://twitter.com/Barstool_USF/status/1755113678230126979?t=5UQ_A2QYNcJWjxk57Sf89w&s=19

4 Likes

Yeah. I have heard multiple times on pre and post game shows that JT is considered a coach on the court. He studies film with the coaching staff and is a student of the game. Actually is relied upon by the coaches as a stabilizing influence on the court. I get he is in a major slump right now but he offers intangibles that the coaches like. I think he has a future in coaching. I hope it is with us.