2023-24 49er MBB Game #26 Charlotte @ Memphis 2/21 8:00 PM ESPN+

Thought I’d get this party started.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, this game and tulsa worry me. That being said lets take care of business and have halton rockin for USF.

1 Like

I think this game will be a tough one, as will several others on our schedule, but I think SMU is not getting enough run re: their chances to win the conference outright.

They will be the toughest out in Ft Worth, IMHO.

I’d expect us fans to be concerned about these next two games. They’re going to be tough to win. It has been somewhat comforting to hear what the players are saying about them. I think they’re relishing the challenge and will approach them with confidence and swagger they’ve cultivated this season under Fearne.

2 Likes

I would like nothing more than to pile it on Memphis right now!!

Their fans have been by far the worst. They hate that we are in the same league as they are again.

4 Likes

We have a tough week ahead with Memphis and Tulsa both on the road. We get by them and the game on 3/2 is going to be fun. Its frustrating that we aren’t in contention for an at-large bid so big picture worst case just need to stay in the top 4.

Winning is fun though and I would love to see us win the regular season (along with the conference tournament of course). I also don’t like Memphis and would love to beat them.

2 Likes

Going to find out if Mempiss has quit on Penny Wednesday night.

After that SMU beat down Wednesday will tell a lot about Penny’s future and if his chair is getting a littke warm.

My main goal is to be top 4 in tourney. No one is talking about them but UAB is the one that worries me about taking us down to 5. Their schedule is set up nicely rest of the year.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/langstonwertzjr/status/1760101913201111244?t=Ret5WQVVo6vPHEhKorZ2cQ&s=19

2 Likes

Having the tiebreakers over FAU and UAB helps us a lot though. Realistically, we could still lose to Memphis and fumble another game and still would finish top 4

But UAB is a beast. UAB and SMU is who I am most afraid of come tourney time

1 Like

GO NINERS!!!

This team has just been incredible this season. As a 2008 alum I had the privilege to witness the 2004-05 team which to me was the last super talented team we had.

This team has WAY more heart. I know many of you have been fans/alums longer and have weathered way more than me as a die hard fan, but this season makes the last 20 years of suffering worth it.

One player that really has impressed me is Nick Graves. Last season I thought he was a bench player at best. Undersized. He has blown me away this season and is a true leader and can BALL.

Memphis brings back memories of that 2004 season with Calipari coaching them and seeing them come into Halton. Let’s get some sweet revenge against these guys tonight!!!

GO NINERS!

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1760287316289933743

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1760292908035403848?t=uPJKJShxll_EEECwZ1fWzw&s=19

So if he does not play we are only a 3 pt dog!!! (I kid, i kid)

https://twitter.com/TimP704/status/1760272908071420266?t=z5TvN6VRQI0Aw5VPolEEtw&s=19

5 Likes

I certainly hope we win tonight and Saturday, but honestly, going 1-1 over these 2 would not be TOO bad. I fully expect that Memphis will come out ready to play tonight. Yeah, they’ve lost 6 of their last 9 games, but the majority of those were on the road.

They are in a headspace where if we come out really physical and frustrate them to start, the game could be ours. The key is making them feel like it’s Groundhog Day in the first 5 minutes.

6 Likes

Agreed! Memphis is 10-2 at home with a 1 point loss to South Florida and a 3 point loss to Rice. We shouldn’t be fooled by their road losses. I expect a tough hard fought game.

1 Like

Said it on Twitter…we’re either walking into a hornets nest or a dumpster fire tonight.

clt says the hornets are a dumpster fire

1 Like

Jackass fiddy at WFNZ openly pulling for memphis to win because he’s a hardaway fan and doesn’t want him to lose his job. :face_vomiting::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: