2023-24 49er MBB Game #29 Charlotte vs Rice 3/6 7:00 PM ESPN+

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1765108809306178043

season 4 netflix GIF by Fuller House

Ticket has been claimed.

1 Like

Game day ladies and gents!

I hope everyone brings their full enthusiasm to Halton tonight.

This game and the ECU game are absolute must wins!! We still control our path to one of the top four seeds!!

Let’s do this Niner Nation!!

5 Likes

Our team should watch 15 minutes of Caitlin Clark’s amazing shooting skills before every game to get into a mindset that yeah I can do that.

For my money the next two games are the most important we’re gonna play in the last 15 or so years

2 Likes

Not for my money. Just this year, Beating usf two times or usf at home and Memphis on the road wouldn’t been better even if we lost these next 2.

Making the top 4 and getting the double bye is my point

3 Likes

If we win out, we will be the #2 seed as I see it based on the remaining schedule of all teams.

Could be a projected next to last to a next to first story. Amazing!

Keep this team together with a full year to prepare, pull in 1 key transfer and we have an amazing championship team with strong NCAA Tournament potential.

A lot of players in the transfer portal will want in with this potential.

8 Likes

Yeah if win out and FAU drops a game we are the 2 seed. If we drop one of our final 2 games we could fall to 5th.

Couldn’t find the previous posts about unc tweetsie alum John Carter openly touting app , so I’ll just put this here. Right now on the noon WBTV news he’s wearing an app lapel pin. Ever see any Charlotte alums do this? No, even though there are and have been Charlotte alums on local stations as reporters and on air staff. Wish those that could would represent better.

1 Like

Wish there was more chatter for this game. It’s a really big deal. I hope the team is focused and ready to defend home court.

Here is a summary of Rice’s last 5 games:

They had a solid 2 game stretch vs UAB and ECU. Maybe @run49er can remind us how they means to drop so many points on UAB?

They are 6-9 at home and 5-6 on the road, so playing away from Houston doesn’t seem to bother them. Also evidenced by their beat down of UAB in Birmingham.

This not a game I’m taking lightly.

1 Like

Dammit Fearne has got me back to the point where if we lose it will be a bad night in my house. Been a long while. Curse you Fearne!!!

4 Likes

That’s what alcohol is for….

3 Likes

…waking up from apathy - it’s a bitch

2 Likes

Need more than 1 key transfer. Probably 2 or 3. 1 starting wing, probably a good backup big and another shooter.

1 Like

Maybe we can get some help
SMU @ UAB
FAU @ N Tex
Memphis @ FAU

A good sized shooting guard who is a certified bucket getter and outside shooter would do wonders for this group.

It would unlock a lot of the potential of the team.

I mean Patterson has done great. But to me he’s more of a point who’s having to score.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1765482790399680515

1 Like