2023-24 49er MBB Game #7 Charlotte vs Davidson 11/29 8:00 PM ESPN+

gordon ramsay rude af GIF by Masterchef

It looks like Davidson is going to increase their win percentage to .380 versus Charlotte.

More like Davidson’s offense played the game of their season. If they shoot threes like this the rest of the season, they are going to win a lot. So…Fuck them.

What’s Fearne’s record vs the Ref’s? It can never be as bad as Sanchez’s record vs the Ref’s.

Looking forward to D1 Docket’s new coaching list.

Thought after Sanchez left Threadgill would get benched. Guess he has something on Fearne too. Played 35 minutes. More than anyone else. 3-9 from the field. Crucial dumb mistakes. He causes us to lose close games. I really dont get it. WTF

2 Likes

Unless Threadgill is an extremely good leader, I have no idea why he plays and even then he can lead from the bench

I hate being right. Davidson won’t shoot that well again all season.

1 Like

Milicic would have dropped 35 if he were on Davidson.

1 Like

I know sometimes the refs are bad, but our fans need to learn when to yell at them and when not to. When we were intentionally fouling at the end, I heard people yelling at the refs “Where’s the foul?” No wonder we get no respect.

Or if we had been featuring him instead of JT.

1 Like

I dont know of any coach on any list that can coach up this roster. Ron really screwed us. This team is the island of misfit toys. You have to hit 3s in tidays game. If we hsd a 2G that shoots 35% + on 3s it is a game changer. Guess we had that but the Midwest called.

2 Likes

It looked like at the end JT felt like he needed to try and replicate last year. I didn’t like the up and under or the three he took late.

3 Likes

I dont think I have ever seen Threadgill hit that up and under. At least not with this new haircut.

He got 35 minutes tonight. Just don’t understand. He got torched on drives in the 2nd half so it is not his D.

2 Likes

clt says no one is going to talk about patterson’s 14 ft 3 pt attempt?

1 Like

Desperate times call for Desperate measures.

1 Like

My positive takeaway from tonight is Igor. He can be a go to guy for us down the stretch. Doesn’t have to only be Patterson.

2 Likes

Multiple things crated the loss.

1. Davidson hit 52% from behind the arc many of them contested.

2. JT tried to take over and that isn’t his game. Still think he get too many minutes and didn’t play defense like he typify does. Him taking shots and up and under at the end I don’t get. Close game needs either Patterson or Igor with the ball. Both of whom made big 3s at the end.

3. Felt Igor sat on the bench too long in the second.

4. Too many unforced turnovers.

5. At the end when we had a chance to tie it we rushed a 3. Did not understand that at all.

6. Refs called some really bogus calls on us at the end. And what was up with them letting Davidson sub a guy in at the end but not us?

I do hope Patterson is ok. Anyone know what his issue was?

3 Likes

My thoughts sitting court side:

1. Patterson seemed pissed about something last 10 minutes or so and played hero ball. Like him a lot but played out of control offensively.
  2. D Jackson just is not in game shape. Played well early then got beat down court a lot and looked gassed
  3. Hats off to Davidson hitting 12 3s. I think 5 in a row at one point.
  4. We have got to find a shooter beyond Igor( who played great offensively but got torched on D a number of times guarding 42 down low)
  5. Refs were truly awful. How Davidsons guard can lower his shoulder and throw our guy off of him then shoot and get a call against us is the most egregious call I have seen in a long time. Or at least since any home Tar Heel game

Stetson game will show what we are made of. Do we bounce back with a vengeance or slump?

5 Likes

https://davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29851