2023 49er Football Season 🏈

Is it possible that Katron Evans plays this year?

being without Jackson State transfer Katron Evans due to eligibility issues

From Hunter’s story. Dunno.

clt says maybe the governor can offer a comment on this

https://twitter.com/730TheGame/status/1707104065052975442

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1708827526792159656

I want Biff. Lets be real, our program is way ahead of last year.

4 Likes

Biff needs to resolve the OC / QB issues (I’m not sure I am on his side about this), and has to keep recruiting. Reality of a multi year rebuild is setting in. I just hope we don’t go 1-11 like some of the chuckleheads online were delighting to predict. That’d be tough to swallow. #48 SOS or not.

1 Like

I don’t think we go 1-11. We have stayed in games despite our challenges against some stout comp, at some point we will get a game or two break our way. I don’t think we are as far away as it may feel like we are. Settle on a QB and clean up most of the self inflicted damage and I think we win a few. I think its a tall ask to make a bowl run at this point though.

6 Likes

ECU is in a totally different spot. Coach has had time to build a winner and they spent the money to expand already and are under pressure to fill the stadium. I feel like Biff will be ok. Not sure if he is a great hire, but he is bringing in outside interest when we need it. Good or bad press is still press and he is a unique guy. If we start 1-4 in year 3 then we have a big problem.

1 Like

Totally agree - as long as he keeps the team bought in and building the culture we want while stepping up recruiting then we are still on the right track to win in year 2 and 3.

I would love to know if Biff actually thought a huge turnaround was doable or if he was just selling the program and getting kids excited.

At some point though he has to back up his talk or it becomes just as hallow as Will’s dancing.

The toughest task will be in recruiting, including transfers as we are going to lose a lot of playmakers on defense after this year. Guys like Okie are 1 and dones for us.

We could very easily be better on offense but worse on defense next year. That’d kinda be my expectation as of now.

3 Likes

Agreed. The future winners of college football will be guys who can hang on to good recruits and win the portal.

Yeah for sure we will lose some talent, but I was surprised how many guys we got that actually had more than a single year. It won’t be terrible, but def a challenge. Some of the injuries we have had this season should also be prepping folks to step in next year.

I expect Biff will be very active in the portal again though.

1 Like

Outside of okie and welschoff(who is out for the year anyways), who else fo we lose?

We lose Knight and both of our starting safeties…plus 3 of our 5 starting olinemen. Otherwise we do retain the majority of our starters on both sides of the ball. Jones is also a senior.

We dont lose knight. Hes listed as a RS junior on the website. Losing hazel stings but i dont think losing hollins is a big deal

Alo, i think a couple of those linmenen will be addition by subtraction. Gramlick stinks. I like williams though.

We were not really staying in the SMU game. They averaged 6 yards per carry with almost 230 yards rushing.

Georgia St killed us.

Maryland outscored us 29-6 in the 2nd half, so were we really staying in that game?

The only bright side to Florida was keeping it close enough to keep their backups and 3rd string from getting game experience.

The Niners are not any good. I will not be shocked if lose to Navy and EZU.

1 Like

I won’t be shocked if we lose either. I just said we wouldn’t get destroyed.

I do think we were in the SMU game and MD and UF. Just depends on your disposition on how you view those games.

1 Like

I would not be shocked if we get destroyed either. Maybe I should try to sell my 4 Navy tickets and spend all the proceeds on a $70 bottle of Glenmorangie. Maybe I could break even