2023 49er Football Season ๐Ÿˆ

2 Likes
2 Likes

Tired of waiting:

2 Likes

AAC schedule is reportedly being released at 11 am today.

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

2 Likes
1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2023 AAC Football season

Should be a nice weekend for the ECU game barring a hurricane coming through.

My commentary:

1. we have an open date before we play Navy at home. Thatโ€™s one of the biggest favors the league could have done for us - gives us time to prepare for their offense.

2. the home slate is still former CUSA heavy, whereas we play all AAC foes on the road. A little less exciting for the fans.

3. @Maryland, home for Ga State then @Florida and @SMU back to back is gonna be a pretty nasty stretch.

4. all of our games are Saturday except for 10/27 vs FAU which will be Friday night.

1 Like

#3 , thatโ€™s big boy football.

2 Likes

It is.

I should add #5 - we dodged Tulane, who I imagine will be the favorite to win the league.

If we can make it to the Navy game without a total fail record (eg 2-3 might not be so bad), we should at least have a chance to finish strong with more home games and more manageable opponents.

Open date before Navy is useful

1 Like

Predictions?

6-6, go 4-2 at home 2-4 on the road.

We shock the world. And we break the ezuโ€™s qbโ€™s body

3 Likes

Seeing it with the dates reinforces my belief that this is our toughest schedule ever by a mile.

I donโ€™t know what to predict, what Poggi has done this year with the transfers has never happened before. Itโ€™s not just quantity but quality, and many of the guys have played together before so hopefully things will come together more quickly than one would assume.

Iโ€™m an optimist so Iโ€™ll say 6-6 but if we do that with this schedule Poggi would have been we hoped we would be.

3 Likes

Our defense doesnโ€™t just need to be good, they will need to be impactful and destructive

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article272559989.html

Looks like SC State beat our new QBs Bethune Cookman team last year.

We will play SMU the week after they have to play @TCU.

Holton Ahlers finally exhausted his 30th year of eligibility so ECU will have a new QB.

Interesting QB notes from Hunter on the Memphis and Rice games.

clt asks why are we not playing ecu on thanksgiving weekend?