2023 49er Football Week #10 - Charlotte @ Tulsa 11/4 4:00 PM ESPN+

Eyabi Okie-Anoma, Stone Handy and Al-Ma’hi Ali are not listed.

I dont give a crap if we lose because we sat this talent. That behavior has no place on our team. Period. I am far more embarrassed by that behavior and a win than by a loss. Teach these kids a lesson and if they don’t learn kick them off the team. This isn’t their first chance, it’s their last chance and their last school. They should have already learned these lessons.

6 Likes

If some of these guys don’t learn how to control their emotions they will go nowhere in life. No need to confront the refs like we saw close to halftime.

2 Likes

clt used to think winning the right way was important. then UNC CHeat had fake classes for decades, the hornets draft a guy who provided a murder weapon, greg hardy gets signed by the cowboys, etc…

now just win at all costs

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t care about rules and image anymore, I just want W’s.

As you get older you realize that what you were told when you’re young is just a lie and authorities way to keep you in line. There is no justice and you’re naive to think “They’ll get theirs!”.

Al Davis had it right, just win Baby!

2 Likes

Personal fouls kill drives when you have a pathetic offense to begin with. Okie pissed off the refs getting in their faces before halftime. The refs were out for us in the second half. That kind of crap loses you games.

2 Likes

Bemah played last week so should be good.

1 Like

I get that and I understand some folks want to just win. I’m not that guy though. I don’t want to sell out to the level other places have just to win. Behavior like having a cop have to stop a fight between our own players or a purposely stepping on an opponents hand - it’s garbage at any level or any place and if we start saying that’s ok here I don’t wanna have any part of it.

12 Likes

NWA, that sideline “fight” has been way overblown. It literally happened right down in front of my section. I just happened to be looking down there and I saw Ali and Okie “jawing” but were not ever close enough for contact. After a few seconds, Okie sat down and then the Highway Patrolman leaned down and spoke to him for like 3 seconds. It was over. Don’t blow stuff out of proportion. There was NO fight.

2 Likes

I can tell you that the whole vibe of that, the personal fouls, unsportsmanlike, standing on someone’s hand, etc. did not look great on ESPN2.

I’m glad we did the suspensions.

6 Likes

This x 100

Interesting because I have had another niner fan that sits behind the bench that describes it very differently than that.

Even it was blown outta proportion the hand stomp and the jawing still stand. I’m about ready to kick his ass of the team.

1 Like

I sit there as well and saw it all go down. Trooper was not “breaking up a fight” as he was just trying to be a calming force. He did talk to one of them for a moment but it was more fatherly than in your face.
Agree on bad look but no where near a fight. Think 0 should be done for a couple of games at minimum.

2 Likes

clt says this needs a poll

Exactly.

Someone told you wrong then.

I don’t think told he Me wrong - people interpret information differently. It’s why eye witness accounts aren’t very stable lol.

Like I said regardless of sideline antics his ads needs to be in the bench and he shouldn’t have seen the second half of the fau game.

1 Like

Okay, stomp on people, break the rules, or do whatever as long as you might win. That’s how we can operate as prosperous society!

That is our current society. You can see a representative slice of it at almost every stoplight in Charlotte.

I didn’t see the game, so did he injure the player by stepping on his hand? If so, suspend him and don’t let him finish the game. I have to see it. Something usually happens in football before something unsportsmanlike gets caught.

As for fighting on the sideline, the video I watched of it was nothing. I want those guys mad at themselves for heading towards 2-10. What do you want? Do you want to the Healy guys dancing on the sidelines as our football team is getting blown out again?

From running red lights, to four cars sitting still at green lights while they all watch their phone, to a high school football coach losing control of his college football players, it’s one messed up world