2023 49er Football Week #2 - Charlotte @ Maryland 9/9 7:30 PM NBC

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re right, but I prefer the green helmets.

clt says we can certainly win this game. we just need to avoid mistakes

dance off kate upton GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

URI had a seven-year QB who could sling itā€¦I donā€™t know what to make of GSU yet. UConn will be a big test and tell a lot about GSU. I expect the Niners to win against GSU, but the offense will need to improve. GSUā€™s offense is pretty good, not so much the defenseā€¦

We should demand gold chrome helmets From Coach Poggi! Like ā€œWear the damn gold chrome helmets! Pleaseā€

1 Like
  • gold
  • white
  • green
  • whatever lutz wants
0 voters

clt asks your helmet preference

I think a lot would have to break our way to winā€¦but I think we can compete this Saturday. Im thinking the GSU game will tell us the most about how our season will go.

3 Likes

clt says we started fb ten years ago and will be on primetime saturday night on nbc

it is good to step back and realize we are a :rocket:

10 Likes

Im enjoying the Charlotte vs Maryland commercials on NBC during the race!

10 Likes

I want to be optimistic but I donā€™t think this game will be close. I hope we escape this game injury free.

Game Result Early Prediction
  • Win
  • Lose by 1-14 points
  • Lose by 15-30 points
  • Lose by 31+
0 voters
How many points will we score?
  • 0-10
  • 11-20
  • 21-30
  • 31+
0 voters

It can happen, I mean look at how the previous Duke game went before we beat them. This is our toughest match-up stylistically, weā€™re going to have to play a lot better than Saturday to hang in there.

This is the biggest stage our program has ever had but itā€™s not going to be easy to look like we belong in prime time on NBC. If we do thoughā€¦itā€™s on.

2 Likes

My NINER Senses are telling me weā€™re going to play a really good game, BUTā€¦what will beat us are 2 passing plays that will be excruciating to watch because weā€™ll be so close to stopping them, but just miss by inches. (Not to mention the refs will screw us numerous times.)

1 Like

Is it? I thought the Clemson game on primetime a few years ago was bigger, we had everyone watching that game and we got screwed out of some early callsā€¦ this one is pretty big also though.

It wasnā€™t on OTA though, thatā€™s something weā€™ve never had. More eyeballs should be on us Saturday than at any time in our history. Although yea if we had beat Clemson that year it would have been one for the ages.

2 Likes

Will we win? I donā€™t know. I do know that there is something different from last year and i hope we show up and give a good accounting. I believe we can win this one and with all the Maryland players on our team there is familiarity. Maybe i am too optimistic.

I am also of the opinion that Jones didnā€™t look too bad this past Saturday. One interception was a tip and the other was too weak with not enough air under it. He was able to zip a few in there when needed. The defense is much better than last year. Last year we would have given SC State 24 points minimum.

I call on the spirit of Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3. Time to atone for the disaster of last yearā€™s performance.

Seeing a line Maryland favored by 24.5.

I see it like this: Most of our best new players are St Francis guys. Maryland is probably the top football U in the Baltimore area. Our offensive coordinator was a Maryland guy. Biff is a Baltimore guy. We have a conglomerate of capable dudes, not too few of which have real NFL potential. The Terps had it easy last week and definitely had it easy vs Charlotte last year. I know guys with Maryland ties are motivated to beat their state U, in their home state, for their new home and for the guys around them here. All you Catholics do your thing for St Francis. I have a feeling if our guys can keep it close, that God will take care of the rest.

3 Likes

DMV College football:

Fandom: 1) Notre Dame 2) Navy 3) Army 4) tied MD & Va Tech 5) UVA & Penn Stateā€¦ā€¦ of course debatable but this rough mix

Bad look for Maryland

8 Likes

When I lived in DC, I saw more JMU stuff than I did Maryland stuff.