2023 49er Football Week #5 Charlotte @ SMU 9/30 7:30 PM ESPNU

96 degrees at game time. Brutal.

I nominate that we move the game to the Rich (kickoff temp about 77). Everyone is good with that, right?

2 Likes

No. My liver can only handle 6 home game tailgates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At least it will be 6:35 local time there and the sun will be setting.

Are they turf or grass?
Hydrate up boys. Cramp time is upon us.

1 Like

It’s field turf. :face_vomiting:

Not sure if they have the new version, 20 to 30 degrees cooler than the older type. Tulane installed it this year.

1 Like

clt says smu could have used their acc money to build a retractable roof

Biff may just go shirtless

1 Like

https://twitter.com/730TheGame/status/1707150621844082942

https://twitter.com/underdogdynasty/status/1707442612741759008

1 Like

Encouraging loss? Hmmm…:thinking:

1 Like

Seems to be a bit of a theme/trend …. taking Victory laps the week after the game.

I think it was. Losing by 15 in the Swamp is not embarrassing. Ranked SEC teams have done worse.

1 Like

FWIW, UDD writer Jeremy Grandison isn’t connected to Charlotte athletics, so his comments are solely his own. And I don’t remember any “victory laps” taken after the Georgia State game.

2 Likes

Jeremy is a regular on Hunter Bailey’s HWY 49 podcast. I think he does a really good job. He knows the game (knows even more about basketball). I generally enjoy listening to him. Think he brings a lot to the table.

2 Likes

I watched Pony Excess again ahead of the SMU game. Those early 30 for 30 episodes were so good. Now everything has come full circle with NIL and SMU buying their way into the ACC.

2 Likes

What are our expectations? SMU is certainly not a bad football team. Any moral victories at all in a road loss? I personally say no. A one point loss won’t feel terrible but it does not bode well for the rest of the season.

If we are who we say we are, we need to keep the D off the field and score some points. A double digit loss here probably means we end up towards the bottom of the conference. Definitely not our biggest game but this may be the most important for predicting the rest of the season.

Play like we did vs MD or UF and we can win. Play like we did vs GSU we lose. I still don’t know what to expect with this team. We don’t have a identity on offense and while we say we have a great D we haven’t exactly seen them play a complete game.

With the GSU loss I think it makes a path to a bowl difficult. Curious to see how the staff keeps the team focused and bought in.

We are 21 point underdogs on the road. I expect us to cover but I’m not sure if we can get a W here.