2023 49er Football Week #8 - Charlotte @ ECU 10/21 2:00 PM ESPN+

ā€œCaptain of the shipā€

I guess they went down with their ship Saturday. :rofl::green_heart::pick:

2 Likes

Wisconsin might have boats at their student union on the lake, but itā€™s a hike to the stadium from there. Their stadium is right in the campus and the city, so most pregame is at bars and small parking lots close to the stadium, itā€™s pretty tight quarters. They actually have a bunch of fraternity houses right next to their stadium, which is not always great (one year they were spraying visiting Michigan fans with a hose!).

Wonder if thereā€™s a way to reroute traffic and close off the traffic circle and attached cross of roads northeast of the stadium? That would make for a fun tailgating area right near the stadium, though maybe too much of a hassle.

1 Like

Attendance: 39,842

My eyeball test tells me thatā€™s a tickets sold, not scanned figure.

1 Like

There were definitely more fans on the away side then the home side. A lot of their fans had clearly thrown in the towel on the season already before the game.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not hating on ECU attendance. Lord knows I wish we had their actual attendance figures ourselves. Itā€™s just clear that ECU built their endzone seating in hopes of regular Chapel Hill and NCSU visits, plus the off-chance of getting into a P5 conference. Their facilities are impressive, Canā€™t say they havenā€™t committed to that end of the equation.

Also helps everything seems bigger because you canā€™t dig down too far into the local water table.

Has Mike Houston been fired yet?

2 Likes

They donā€™t Have the cash to fire him. Gonna have to ride it out for a bit.

1 Like

Checking previous threads on tailgating to see if one of those would work or just start a new one.

Man I was on that hill in the poring rain on my Harley. The absolute worst.

1 Like

Moved the tailgating discussion to thread titled - appropriately - Niner Tailgating Concerns that was started by d_whitley a couple of years ago:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AAC_Lighthouse/status/1716808761342312576

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1716247535302369317

This was from a week ago, so before the game, but wow! These guys want a rival in us SO BADLY that they are willing to look like complete morons to try to generate interest.

21 minute mark:

Plus, the British spelling of ā€œColoursā€. Like when a redneck drinks tea and holds their pinky out.

I love it. SO GOOOD!

ECU just like us needs a QB. The QBs they played were inaccurate. We should have had two or three INTs but we just couldnā€™t hold on to the ball. Some of the shovel passes almost turned into fumbles. ECU did not play with any intensity which falls back on coaching. One thing Iā€™ll say about our team is they have played hard this season even though they are lacking in many areas.

2 Likes

I agree but ill also say that unlike ecu, we have stregnths on this team. Our DEā€™s are elite. Our linebackers are very good. Our oline is not good but looked like 5 Jonathan ogdenā€™s compared to theirs.

I saw some ECU fans online joke that their QB was so bad that they donā€™t even throw a ball accurately enough to be intercepted.

3 Likes