2023 49er Football Week #8 - Charlotte @ ECU 10/21 2:00 PM ESPN+

That win felt SO good, suck it ECU!!!
Offense showed flashes, actually thought Mike Miller called his best game of the year. Defense was lights out, what a turnaround from last year. Refs absolutely screwed us, 1 flag on ECU the entire game??? Between them and our special teams, we tried to hand them the game, when in reality we statistically dominated them. Finally, our fanbase traveled incredibly well for a 1 win team… louder than ECU’s student section the whole game. It’s tough to be a Niner fan a lot of the time but yesterday was a great day for our fans who made it to G-ville! Let’s show national TV how well Niner Nation supports their team on Friday :pick:

11 Likes

That was the sloppiest win I’ve ever seen from a Charlotte 49er team, but a win is a win. And against ECU. Had a friend telling me it would be years before we’d even be competitive with the Pirates. Guess we’re ahead of schedule.

Defense played outstanding. The LBs were flying around, the DEs were athletes. The secondary played overall pretty well, despite a couple shaky plays. I’m really excited about this defense next year, we return almost everyone + plus whatever additions we bring in. Hopefully Biff can keep them together, because they have the potential to be really special. Last couple games, it looks like they’re starting to gel.

Offense wasn’t great. Running how we did against a ECU team that makes a living on stopping the run was encouraging. Jones needs to get cleaner situationally, he made some crucial mistakes that probably cost us 10-17 points. Mike Miller has gotten a lot of shit from the fanbase (and rightfully so) but he called a really great game.

Hopefully we stick with what we did on offense and keep tweaking and improving it. I think we can build off this performance offensively.

4 Likes

We better. It’s by far the best we have played on offense all year. And ecu doesn’t have a bad defense, so it wasn’t just a situation where we were playing a team with a terrible D.

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

That’s a damn joke. We beat ECU they go up 3 and we stay behind them. If we played them again tomorrow we would beat them again and by a much bigger margin.

3 Likes

52 posts were merged into an existing topic: Niner Tailgating Concerns

Weird that we are rated higher (though still triple digits) than so many AAC schools.

But can someone explain to me how ECU loses to us, at home, and MOVES UP 3 places, still ahead of us?

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1716156717895963016

6 Likes

Scan the fifth qtr call in show that immediately follows all ECU games. The one yesterday was highly entertaining…. Skip forward a bit from the beginning of video to the actual show content.

1 Like

In realilty, ECU and Charlotte should pull for each other to have strong programs.
Good time to get some attention over in state ACC schools.

In regards to the FPI rankings, We did move up more spots that ECU. Still hard to explain
how they moved up 3??

4 Likes

I was pulling for everyone yesterday- NOT!

Probably be better explained that others moved down by having even worse weekends than ECU did.

I always understand the logic behind pulling for conference mates and in state schools etc, but I can’t. College rivals and hate trumps logic - screw ECU. Hate flows….

5 Likes
3 Likes

I disagree. Ecu being good means more competition in recruiting

1 Like

https://x.com/biggameboomer/status/1716229055245095399?s=46

So they recognize that Jalon is not a QB, then? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would be more mad if I was ODU seeing those power rankings. They just beat App state and are way behind. Navy behind us too…its a weird rankings system.

What’s better, both teams 1-5 or both teams 5-1?