2023 AAC Football season 🏈

Ruston over south Florida.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

1 Like

Well, he chose what he thought was the best football fit over locale. That said, no denying that Ruston is out in the middle of nowhere.

clt says cusa has passed the aac!

Um…wut? How the hell does that happen in 24 hrs?

Taking a peek at what FAU is up to…

$75 season tix.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Daily musings and oddities :spiral_calendar:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/tulane-qb-michael-pratt-a-heisman-candidate-next-year

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

PDF text version above

Some highlights of the 2023 schedule include:

• A compelling slate of Thursday and Friday prime time conference games on ESPN Networks, beginning with Navy at Memphis on Thursday, Sept. 14. The American will have a conference game in prime time in at least seven weeks of the 2023 season.

• A series of games available exclusively on ESPN+, the leading direct-to-consumer sports streaming service which has grown to more than 24.9 million subscribers in less than five years.

• Two games will be selected for Black Friday (Nov. 24) among a group of four games in the final week of the regular season. The Black Friday selections will come from Tulsa-East Carolina, Memphis-Temple, UAB-North Texas and UTSA-Tulane. Those selections will be made by Oct. 9.

• The American Athletic Conference Football Championship, which has been broadcast on ABC in each of the last eight years, is scheduled for Dec. 2 and will be televised either on ABC or ESPN.

1 Like

If you don’t like playing on any day but Saturday, this is the schedule for you!

Correction: Apparently FAU is a Friday night home game.

1 Like

This version is a little higher res.

What are some matchups that jump out to you?

What are the best opening weekend matchups?

Any thoughts about league scheduling? Open dates? Imbalanced schedule?

I think it’s interesting we only see 2 former CUSA 3.0 teams and not until almost November.

My comments:

Opening weekend should be fun to size up the league.

Navy vs ND - Navy is Navy. How will ND handle them.

ECU @Michigan - I didn’t know about this one. That’ll be a nice test, and should really give Poggi a read on ECU since he knows Michigan so well.

UNT vs Cal - home game - possible P5 scalp?

Rice @Texas - probably not a scalp opportunity, but should be a good measuring stick.

USF @ WKU - new foe vs a familiar one.

SMU vs La Tech - new foe vs a familiar one.

UTSA @ Houston - Possible P5 scalp?

Some comments from AAC fans:

Just made my hotel reservation for the ezu game.

1 Like

Was hoping for ECU in Nov, but late October might work.