2023 Baseball Schedule

1 Like

A challenging schedule. Great local contests with Carolina, ECU, USC, UNCW and Coastal. Also looking forward to Dallas Baptist coming to the Hayes. We will see how our mid-week pitching staff handles unusual back-to-back games with UNC and ECU. Last season in CUSA.

Our non conference weekends to open up the season are going to be challenging.

Ball State - defending MAC regular season champs

Army- defending Patriot League Champs and NCAA tourney team. They have a new coach now.

At VT - Super Regional host last season

ODU - former CUSA foe now in the SunBelt

Then we jump right in to conference play at LaTech and then host DBU in the 1st 2 weeks. 2 of the teams competing for the title right out of the gate.

3 Likes

4ever niner says we will be top 10 by the second week of conference play. :wink:

3 Likes

clt says playing carolina and eCu at truist will be fun

The Niners play 33 games against D1 Baseballโ€™s Top 100 programs this season. 23 of our first 24 games are against Top 100 programs.

14 North Carolina (2 Games)
22 East Carolina
27 Dallas Baptist (3 Games)
30 Coastal Carolina
31 Clemson
32 South Carolina (2 Games)
47 LaTech (3 Games)
48 Virginia Tech (3 Games)
52 FAU (3 Games)
64 Old Dominion (3 Games)
66 UNC Wilmington
78 Army (3 Games)
80 Rice (3 Games)
98 Ball State (4 Games)

3 Likes

This should be one of the tougher schedules in the country.

2 Likes

Schedule designed to get an at-large. I like it.

4 Likes

Some D1 Baseball Fall Reports on our opponents:

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

UTSA will be interesting to watch this year. Hallmark was in the running for a few job openings but they were able to keep him and sign him to and extension.

UTSA being any good at baseball defies the expectation that facilities quality = program success. Their baseball stadium is about on par with their basketball arena.

1 Like

Yep, they have one of the worst facilities in the conference I am sure. Especially now that Marshall is no longer around. Interested to see if last year was just a flash in the pan or if they are going to become a consistent contender.

I was surprised they held on to Hallmark, but I guess that shows that they have increased their commitment to baseball. Good to see going into the AAC. They also have plans for a new ballpark to replace their field. Not sure on the timeline for that though.

Thereโ€™s also been recent discussions about UTSA sharing a new ballpark with the Double A SAn Antonio Missions.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I figured youโ€™d know.

Wish they had a plan for basketball too. That arena will be a blemish on the AAC.

Army picked to win the Patriot League.

3 Likes