2023 Baseball Week 14- at South Carolina; vs MTSU (ESPN+)

Final week of the regular season. We travel to Top 10 South Carolina on Tuesday, then host MTSU starting Thursday. We have a 2 game winning streak against the Gamecocks.

We have now slipped to 4th place in CUSA, 0.5 games behind WKU for 3rd. We can finish as high as 3rd or as low as 7th going into this weekend. The 3 through 7 seeds are currently separated by 1 game.

DBU clinched the regular season title with a sweep at UTSA. UTSA clinched the 2 seed since we lost a game. 3-7 is up for grabs.

There is now a 3 way tie for the 8th and final spot in the tournament between Rice, FIU, and UAB. That will likely come down to the FIU at Rice series.

2 Likes

Clark Dearman gets the start tomorrow in Columbia.

Game notes:

2 Likes
1 Like

We have beaten then two times in a row and they have certainly not forgotten it.

How long would tonight’s game be without the new clock rules?

It is definitely dragging on…we definitely should have gotten another run across there in the T9, after a leadoff triple. Hope it doesn’t bite us.

The disparity in the strike zone between the two teams is absurd

Michelson SLAMS the door! Nice win!

2 Likes

Great Success Win GIF

Pulled a Niner.

3 Likes

Hats off for Jackson’s dive to first base to spark the big inning late in the game. Those bats were hot

1 Like

Last night was fun.

That’s probably the nicest college ballpark I’ve seen a game in. Most of the fans were really nice to us until we took a 4 run lead. Then half of them just left. There were a few thousand more fans this year than they had last year when we went down.

If we are invited back next year, I’d encourage you to go. It made for a late night but worth it.

Up and down game, but we fought back after being down early, took the lead, lost the lead, then jumped ahead for good with a huge 8th inning. Good to see Michelson back out there to close this one out.

6 Likes

Taking a peek into th AAC heading into the final week. Looks like ECU is the only at large team.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

We need a green series

1 Like

I think 2 wins this weekend should clinch us the 3 seed, but I’m worried about FAU sweeping UAB. In that case, we’d need to sweep this weekend.

DBU should knock down WKU a notch or 2. UTSA should get at least 1 over LT.

Needless to say, we need to play better than we have the last 3 weekends, no matter what everyone else does.