2023 Baseball Week 8 - Radford (ESPN+); #24 UTSA (ESPN+)

5 straight home games with the 1st today vs Radford.

Honestly Radford is not very good, but I am hoping we aren’t looking ahead to the big weekend ahead.

This weekend UTSA comes to the Hayes. They are leading the conference at 8-1, nationally ranked as high as #23 in one poll. They are very good.

If you will remember last year, we were just newly ranked in the Top 25 and then went down there and had a rough series. They swept us in 3 games, and that might hav ebeen the worst weekend we had last season. I hope we remember that and can return the favor this weekend.

Games are Thursday- Saturday due to the Easter holiday. Another big time series on our campus. We need big crowds.

2 Likes

Tony Rossi scheduled to get the start. This will be his first appearance of the season. He was working his way back from surgery.

https://twitter.com/Diamond9erRPT/status/1643290617881976838?s=20

2 Likes

Early weather report not looking good for the weekend series.

Shold try to get in a double header on Thursday and a single game on Friday. Looks like Saturday is going to be a complete washout.

Good weekend to break out my Charlotte Baseball rain jacket from One Campus. :grin:

1 Like
3 Likes

Took care of business tonight. Run ruled Radford after 7. Back to back shutouts for our pitching staff. Only 3 ER allowed over the past 4 games.

1 Like

UAB beat Auburn tonight and FAU beat ranked FGCU.

Meanwhile UTSA loses to Incarnate Word.

Incarnate Word to yo mama

Glad to see us get to use multiple guys (~1 inning for several guys). Also, glad to see AK get a homer tonight. If he could get back into the groove, it would be BIG for this team.

2 Likes

As well as Drag.

DH starting tomorrow at 11.

Looks like my work productivity will be down tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

clt says tomorrow is a good day to watch the masters in the morning, and then attend 49er baseball!

1 Like

Morning baseball on ESPN+

1 Like

Gave up 3 in the 4th on a couple of errors. Hudepohl has pitched really well, 7 strong so far. Butch hit a 2 run bomb and we are down 4-3 in the bottom of the 7th.