2023 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

UNCG’s coach is Mike Jones. Greensboro isn’t big enough to have two Joneses as head hoops coaches.

Speaking of Greensboro, see that former UNCG (and Winthrop) HC Randy Peele has been hired as special assistant to Dana Ford at Missouri State.

His star player is transferring now. MAAC player of the year.

He played at Gardner Webb and Marquette previously. He is a 24 yr old super senior.

Would be baller as hell if we somehow could get him back to the QC. That’s the kind of thing that could jumpstart the program. Put him out there with Khalifa and let them wreck people.

Do we have a scholarship to give?

I’d make one for this guy. Seriously. He is a difference maker. There will be plenty of teams calling him. We have plenty of PT and if he liked the city, that’s what we could offer, along with an emerging frontcourt star in Aly to pair with him.

May not be the best pitch, but you gotta shoot your shot.

First Pitino wants a contract extension at Iona and gets rebuffed but staying on. Then Masiello requests the same at Manhattan and gets pink-slipped. Hmm… :thinking:

Would he start over Gipson? That guy was a 2nd team all WAC at 15ppg

Gipson is a 5’11 G, Perez is a 6’5 F. You pair them with Aly and you’ve got 3 scorers.

Sounds good to me

Yeah well, I said he’d get tons of calls.

I miss the days when we could actually pursue an addition like this.

Guess I should “manage expectations” and “know our role”

Frustrating.

Now at least three players gone after the Manhattan coaching change: