2023 Conference USA Baseball Tournament

I don’t know why…but this is unbelievable :flushed:
Omaha you say ???

Unless a rabbit is pulled out of a hat, this year just seems to be the year that could’ve been; but wasn’t. On to football.

This team has been feast or famine all year, it seems. Today, is yet another “famine” day (4 errors and horrific pitching from most of the guys used).

1 Like

Im Alive Sam Heughan GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

1 Like

Well, that sucked

Pulled a Niner…

This team gets a C-

Is there a C level and lower CBI-like baseball tournament Mike Hill can sign them up for ?

Tough to dig a hole like that with your ace on the mound. Especially hard to come all the way back and then have to do it again.

Look on the bright side guys. We are officially done with CUSA sports.

This is a double elimination tournament. We will likely play MTSU tomorrow morning.

Oh, my mistake. I misread the bracket.

“I didn’t hear no bell!”
fight beat up GIF by South Park

…and 4 errors didn’t help.

1 Like

In the pre-game show Joe mentioned that we were on pace to have the fewest errors in a season in program history. We were 4 under the record.

I blame Joe. :sunglasses:

Speaking of records, Fisher hit #25 which is 2 away from the single season HR record.

the good news just keeps on coming…MTSU beats UTSA, so we play UTSA tomorrow morning in a elimination game (2 seed vs. 3 seed). :frowning:

We are in a no lose situation. Either we beat the #2 seed or we are done with CUSA.

2 Likes

We can still do it, but damn, why does everything have to be so difficult ??? :imp:

Yesterday all schools that are remaining in CUSA advanced to the winners brackets. All schools that are leaving are in the loser’s brackets.

Day 2. Win or go home.

I’m guessing we will go with Hansen on the mound. He didn’t pitch well against UTSA last time, but he’s our 2nd most consistent pitcher. He’s certainly capable of throwing a gem.

UTSA tried to get by MTSU yesterday without starting their ace Malone but ended up using him in 7 innings of relief. We had success off of most of the other that we saw during our series except for their closer Simon Miller. He’s CUSA Pitcher of the year. So, get a lead early and keep it so we don’t have to see their closer.

Cam Fisher Homers in the 1st. He’s now 1 bomb away from tying the school record for 27 HRs in 1 season.

1 Like