2023 Softball ๐ŸฅŽ

2023 Softball schedule was released yesterday. Lots of optimism after an undefeated fall schedule with victories over Wingate, Duke, Elon, and South Carolina.

Great schedule with high level nonconference games including hosting 2 weekend tourneys. One tournament down at UGa and one out west at Arizona State. The team will certainly have a chance to build up an at large resume.

C-USA Tournament is in Ruston this year.

6 Likes

2 Likes

There will be a cornhole tournament, for those who are into that sort of thing.

4 Likes

Is this now a sleeves optional event???

Canโ€™t wait!! Iโ€™ve heard it was sold out!!

1 Like

Interview with Ashley Chastain.

1 Like

Softballโ€™s Season Opening Celebration last night was a lot of fun. Thought the cornhole tournament and pick-up tacos dinner was a terrific format. Great of Coach Poggi to attend, bring football shirts to the team, and make some inspirational remarks. Very excited about this seasonโ€™s prospects at The Sue!

5 Likes

I agree! I had a great time last night. Itโ€™s hard not to get behind such a great group of people.

Here are some pics.

3 Likes
4 Likes

The crazy part about Poggi and his assistant coach is that they could pay for the Sue rebuild for their tax write off this coming year. Not saying thatโ€™s going to happen but there is plenty of new money potentially floating around. Also rich people know rich people. I canโ€™t imagine weโ€™ll be as squeezed as we have been in the past.

Ladies are picked 3rd by the coaches with 1 first place vote. I know they are wanting to leave C-USA with a bang!! I think they can.

2 on the all-conference team.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteSB/status/1618691747420442626?s=20&t=79Dr0kj-11Q2VybMweNgFQ

https://twitter.com/CharlotteSB/status/1618695568041316353?s=20&t=79Dr0kj-11Q2VybMweNgFQ

3 Likes

Well, Biff did join the Gold Glove Club at the highest level during his speech on Friday Night!!!

He also said that the entire football team will be coming to the softball home opener. Going to be a packed house at the Sue!!

5 Likes

New video board coming together at the Sue. 11 days til 1st pitch!!

5 Likes
5 Likes

D1Softball picks us to finish 2nd and get an at large bid.

Vanoy picked as Player of the Year.

3 Likes

clt asks about concessions at a softball game ? Beer and peanuts available?

Plenty of concessions. Hardly any seating unless something changed in the off season.

Three game series at North Texas. Iโ€™m predicting right now that we get screwed by home umpiring.

1 Like