2024 AAC Football

1 Like
3 Likes

These are only predictions, still have to play the games!! but it looks like it could be another challenging year. If we only win 3 or 4 games, doubt there is a year 3.

I doubt you can find any reference to a coach with no HC experience having those kind of win totals in first two years and then turning everything around in future years.

Take a look at ECU’s schedule! So much easier than ours!

1 Like

Interesting schedule heavy on G5 opponents but a couple of tough ones. I do like how they include the colors to wear to the game on the schedule.

Nice to see us as CHARLOTTE on the official schedule.

1 Like

clt says ecu should win every game easily except for utsa before they lose at Charlotte

1 Like

https://x.com/AAC_Lighthouse/status/1799147248414052380?t=lQCIv2xxiq7LuS1tEsML7A&s=19

2 Likes

For ESPN+ subscribers:

What am I missing, where is all this love for EZU coming from? They won 1 conf game last year and now they are projecting 4-5?

1 Like

Hype machine.

They think they’ve solved their offensive problems.

I don’t see what they did that we also didn’t do.

They didn’t lose as much on defense either, IIRC. But we also added some good pieces.

Their schedule is weak as piss…especially compared to ours.

Ecu’s oline looks bad on paper. Worse than last year, and thats saying a lot. They lost a decent amount in their secondary too

In a lot of these previews we are now getting tainted with the approach we have taken is not working and not going to work (lots of approaches have not worked in CFB so they are easily spotted and usually dont make dramatic turnarounds without major changes)…… in the ESPN + review they back it up with numbers.

We are goin to have to Win early to turn that perception around by showing improvement/momentum.

2 Likes

I know that was supposed to highlight AAC transfers but after reading that, it’s pretty obvious that JMU is going to be a heavy run oriented attack, with two impact transfer RBs (from CHeat and North Texas), and the HC coach who led that kind of attack.

Our run defense is going to be tested early. Hopefully our run game is strong enough to get them prepared in practice.

2 Likes

You do realize we are part of that pissy schedule right?

Eh I wouldn’t call us a hype machine by any means. I think the difference in what is projected between ecu and Charlotte boils down to perception

Until last year Mike Houston had us trending in the right direction. He’s turned around enough programs to have the media respect that year over year the program he’s the head coach of won’t continue to be a perennial loser. Biff is operating in uncharted territory where this is his first rodeo as a head coach and the pundits probably aren’t expecting him to solve all of those growing pains this fall.

It would be a disgrace to the word to describe the feeling around either of our programs as “hype” at the moment. Projections mean nothing when the season starts anyway. Tulane was projected to win 3 the year they won the sugar bowl. We were supposed to win 7 again last year off projections and look how that turned out lol? You guys could easily reel off an 8 win season and it wouldn’t surprise me if the offensive pieces gel.

4 Likes
1 Like

https://x.com/GreenWaveFB/status/1803859538149298345?t=NM-2qvqENZFpXqmx6bmJpA&s=19

1 Like