2024 Baseball - Week 8: Campbell @ Fayetteville (TV?); At UTSA (ESPN+)

Another big week. We play Campbell at the Fayetteville minor league ballpark on Tuesday. They are a really good program and I expect a good game. I’m not sure if we will get this one on TV. Looks like Campbell has a deal with Flo Sports, so maybe they will pick it up.

Then we travel to UTSA for the weekend. They are playing well this season at 5-1 in conference including a series win over ECU.

5 Likes

No TV for tonight in Fayetteville. Radio feed it is!

1 Like

Oh geez…dont follow this one…i was expecting it would probably be an L for us, but good grief, the first inning. Down 6-0 in the first, bases loaded and still no outs…final FIRST INNING tally is 12-0…seriously.

4 Likes

Niners played much better after the horrendous 1st, but lose 13-9.

Looks like our starting pitcher took many weeks worth of lumps.

1 Like

The good news:

• we only allowed 1 ER in innings 2 through 9.
  • we put 9 runs up on the board

The bad news:

• Inning 1
2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Looking solid so far. Niners up 8-2 in the 7th.

1 Like

A massively :beer: good day on the diamond. Niners win 10-5

8 Likes

Let’s get two series Ws in a row! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes
2 Likes

This game must be over by now, right?

3 Likes

Back to normal today. :unamused: down 13-4 in the 7th.

2 Likes

I like what we’re seeing from some of the young guys, so there’s that.

1 Like

Final 14-4. :unamused:

2 Likes

Looks like a great day for Cameron Hansen to get back on track. Let’s get this series today.

3 Likes

Geez…Hansen has hit 3 batters, walked another SO FAR in the 2nd, along with 1 single and we are down 2-0…1 hit and down 2-0, with bases loaded and only 1 out. …We HAVE got to do better on the mound. Not many offenses can keep up with that garbage.

1 Like

AJ Wilson comes in and minimizes the damage by retiring the next 2 batters… …now AJ hits 2 batters in the 4th and then gives up a 3 run homer. Niners now down 5-1 after only giving up 2 hits in the game. We have hit 5 batters through 4 innings…now down 8-1. Pathetic.,…now down 13-1 in the 7th. About to be run ruled for the second straight day. Losing is one thing, looking like hot garbage over and over is quite another…This team is bad, period.

3 Likes